Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how do you fit them

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by screamer*145, Feb 4, 2004.

1. screamer*145

screamer*145 1/2 ton status

ok I know that in order to fit a 15" rim on dana 60 is to grind the caliper but do have to do any thing special to a 14ff to fit them like convert to disk brakes ? also where can i find a8 lug 15" rim and what is the advantage to using a 15" rim instead of an other size?

thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

not sure on teh 14ff, on the 15's advantages they have a safety bead to keep your tire from comin off the rim at low psi like a 16.5 (no safety bead) will, and they have more sizes in tires and generally have cheaper tires than the 16's which also have a safety bead.

3. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Yes, a 15" rim will fit over a 14ff without any modifications. As to where to buy a 15" 8 lug wheel, there are quite a few places. I got mine from tyres international (they are steel monster wheels so they were kind of pricey at $162 for 2 of them), and I know summit racing has them for about $50 a piece.
    -Harrison

4. txfireman110

txfireman110 1/2 ton status

4 wheel parts wholesalers has some for 48.95. they are the black rock crawlers with round holes and they do fit w/out modification

5. screamer*145

screamer*145 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the help guy it realy helps! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif