Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do you get a polietition to help you??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by arq, Apr 28, 2004.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

I need some help from a local polietition(sp /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) anyone know the best way to get thier attention??

thanks,

ARQ.

2. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Call them or email them.

3. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

if this is about your EPA ticket good luck. Your in Cali all the poletitions love the epa here.

Nick

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    How do you get a polietition to help you??

[/ QUOTE ] Tell them you don't want their help and i'm sure they'll stick their nose in it... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Go to the office of said POLITICIAN (:D) with a big gun... lock yourself in his office with him... and tell him what you want or he and his family will get it... Unless we're talking about the Governor of California /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Politicians don't give a rats a$$ about the rantings of a single person. They want VOTES, so they focus on large groups of peoplpe that all have the same issue. For a single person to really get their attention you need to make a substantial contribution to their re-election fund. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

if you want something from a politician
    wait til election year
    get a legal pad and fill it with signatures, take it to the guy and tell him that these people will vote for you if you help us out

this works wonders around here for getting roads repaired ect

8. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Who are you trying to contact? Mayor, Councilmember, State Rep? The best thing to do is to call them and set up an appointment to speak with them or ask them if they have an "open house"(first come, first serve type of deal). I worked at Austin City Council for a few years and the only people the council really listened to were people who took the time to come in the office and plead their case....

9. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Yep, call them or email works too but usually gets answered by office help.

10. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I wouldn't email them. The aides are the ones who respond to the emails. And you usually can't talk long on the phone or they're not there so a face-to-face meeting in the only way IMO...

11. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

Hope you have better "luck" than I have. My State Rep waited until he was called to active duty, before his aide could meet with me (so he wouldn't have to). At this same meeting, a Senators aid sat rolling her eyes throughout the meeting. The Govenors office, and Atty Generals offices sluff me off onto a usless office (Indiana Dept of Insurance). Not sure what your problem is (and not asking), but many of the posts I've read here are pretty true (sad but true). Politicians have little time or concern for single individuals, all they want is mass votes. One sure fired way to get their attention (though impossible) is to offer them (politician) more money than they are getting from the industry you are having problems with. I've said it before....."Life's like a sh!t sandwich, the more bread you have, the less sh!t you have to eat". Good luck to you.

12. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

I wish it was for my emission ticket. It's a more touchy subject. I'll probably tell you guys about it in a few days or when it's over. I'm working on letters to the local senator and congressman.

I'll put it this way. The law abiding, productive, educated, moral, hard working people get the shaft when they want to do things the correct and proper way /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif (lost over 600-hrs of vacation and comp-time so far)

po<font color="red">lie</font>titions /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif seems they hang around thier own, criminals /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

ARQ.

13. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Man, good luck trying to talk some sense into your local Senator or Congressman....BTW it's spelled politician... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif