Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HOW DO YOU GET INTO YOUR RIG?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 77ChevyK10, Apr 15, 2003.

1. 77ChevyK10

77ChevyK10 1/2 ton status

How do you get into your rig with 8", 10", 12" of lift. I have seen people jump and slip and nail there head on there rocker panel. 8" is not all that bad i have 7" and there is not much problem.But a 10" and 12" some with 17" you have to be crazy.

Andrew
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have about 7.5" and it's simple to get in and out of by just stepping up onto the sliders...

3. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

Jump and hope u make it. All my friends say that they wont b able to get into my K30. i told them if they want a ride bad enuff they will find a way /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

NITRO

4. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

17 inches it was grab the roll bar and climb the tire like a ladder and stand on the rocker and slide in. My current one is only a 6" lift with 38's and its just a quick little jump in. Gets tiring if you gotta run errands but probably a good work out.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

when my big tires are on, i generally step into the rim of my drivers/rear tire... then, while holding a bed rail for support, step up onto the top of the tire... throw a leg over and get in the bed... then walk forward and slide into the drivers seat. np! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif it requires that your rig be top-less... but thats np for me. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

j

6. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I have 38's and my doors dont open... I have to climb thru the window. Its not too bad, but sucks when you are on the trail and getting in and out and in and out and in and out...then it sucks. I have about the top 6" chopped off the doors...but I guarantee, next set of doors I make will OPEN AND CLOSE!

7. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Before Wayne started ripping apart his Jimmy it had about 5'" total of lift. It was funny watching me try to get into it. I am kinda short to start with so for me that 5" was a big deal. I would actually have to let him get in first and then have him reach across the seats and help pull me in. That was after I would stretch as far as possible just get my knee up to the floor board. My friends use to think it was really funny watching me.

8. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Jump! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

My Blazer floors are about 40" off the ground & while it's a manageable "jump"; mine will have hydraulically raising/lowering nerfs that hinge off the frame. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Uggghhh !! Uugggh!! Uuugghh!! (In a manly Tim-the Toolman" grunt!!) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

um yeah, get in and out...currently I just step in. I cannot go the insane lift route as this will have to be a family vehicle in the winter. So eventually there will be 33" tires and a 3" body lift (ya I know, but we all had to crawl first right?) The trick is the wife is used to running boards, all our work trucks have em. Her parents bronco had em, and she cannot get in without em, and will not let me have a vehicle without em =oP So I devised up a plan to make removable running boards using some square tubing and a couple homemade reese type hitches. Pin the running boards on when I am playing the good hubby, and take em off when I wanna get dirty.

11. chevy4x4boy

chevy4x4boy Registered Member

i said across their nose not up it!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

12. MUD JUNKIE

MUD JUNKIE 1/2 ton status

I got a total of 7" of lift,so it is'nt all that bad,plus I'm a tall guy so I just pull up in there,now my mom on the other hand has a big problem /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifbut I think she drove it once and didnt like it at all /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

now getting out sucked on my old bench seat the adjusting handle stuck out on the left hand side of the seat,well if you slid out and drop to the ground that handle would violate you severly /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifI forgot to tell a couple of friends,and they got a reeming they'll never forget /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    now getting out sucked on my old bench seat the adjusting handle stuck out on the left hand side of the seat,well if you slid out and drop to the ground that handle would violate you severly I forgot to tell a couple of friends,and they got a reeming they'll never forget

[/ QUOTE ] OHH MAN! My buddy did that but it was a Long Neck Bud sitting on the door frame. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Bruised his tail bone bad, he couldnt walk right for over a week. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Im at 11 inches of lift and 38s, Im kinda tall so I can still step/jump in no problem.

Another one of my buddies had a Yota on 44s (well he had several actually) he would turn the front tires when he parked and climb the tire to get in.

A guy in my club has 2 level nerfs on his Dodge on 44s.

14. S-30

S-30 Registered Member

i would love to help but i'm still not sure how to get in mine. the rocker panels on my S-10 are 51" off the ground and it really sucks tring to get in it.

15. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Since im so damn lanky I just put lift my leg, put my foot on the rocker, grab inside the cab and the door handle and jump! Sometimes its a little harder in the rain.

16. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

my truck is way to short to have that problem. you know your truck is to short when you can sit on the bench seat and still stretch a foot down to the pavement lol!! i do have pretty long legs but still! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

17. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I get asked regularly how I get up in my truck. "Jump" is my reply. I'm 5'1" and my truck is just about 5" lift on 33's but it is significant for me! I have found that I can't get in if I'm laughing /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    now getting out sucked on my old bench seat the adjusting handle stuck out on the left hand side of the seat,well if you slid out and drop to the ground that handle would violate you severly

[/ QUOTE ]

When I first got my Jimmy it had 4" of lift and 33's. The release handle for the passenger seat was busted/bent/mangled and if you weren't careful it would grab ya as you tried to get out. I never had a problem with it (mostly because I'm always the one driving...) but my wife once caught her shorts on the handle while she was getting out. Good thing for her the shorts had a strong waist band or she'd have been standing beside my truck in her skivvies only. As it was the one side of her shorts ripped right up to the waist band./forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Rene

19. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

I lift Rita into the rig, and I step on the outter lugs with my right foot and step on the rocker with the other.

20. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Hehe, yeah, I climb up the rear tire and then walk down the cage... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif With 42s and 4" of lift, my raised rockers are roughly 42" off the ground...