Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do you get rid of hillbilly neighbors ??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Around Sept. of last year, some hillbilly mofos moved thier trailer in. They're like right accrost from my parking. They have a non running Chrysler mini van and a beat to hell looking 2wd Ford pick up with a home made (Made of plywood) topper. All kinds of crap in thier yard includind a old non working fridge. Looks very bad, and I'm concerned it'll make it hard too sell my place when the time comes. I work hard too make my place look nice. So do most of the other neighbors. I don't want too have too be the one who complains to the trailer park's owner. I've never spoke to these people, and wouldn't know how too say things nicely.

2. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

Thats a tough one..me and my neighbor, are currently having issues with our new neighbors on the other side of us..we have tried the "friendly neighbor" approch..the talk it over with them approach..but to no avail..they just didn't care..some people unfortunatly,are just like that..

All though satuday, when i finally had enough of them parking in my spot..(parking is very limited here)..and i threw the blaze in reverse, dumped the clutch, lit up the tires, and back up over the curb, and retaining wall right onto to their front yard..and left it there..they finally got the clue..and have since not parked in my spot...i hated to do that, but you can only be nice so may times..and the parking is not the only thing that we have problems with...we are still trying to figure out how to get them to turn that dang mariachie music down!!!!

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Tell them that you have noticed more unmarked, black Crown Vics driving through the neighborhood since they've moved in.................. :D

4. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Most cities have ordinances about unsightly yards. I called my city housing/planning dept. last week about two of my neighbor's yard that are attracting rodents. They were more than happy to take a report and get in touch with them. One of them already had a complaint registered against them and the city was working with them to clean it up. If they don't comply they end up paying hefty fines.

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

This may actually work - I bought an Impala 9C1 as a daily driver. It stays parked out front most of the time. Traffic slowed down past my house and the house down the street with the college kids got real quiet. :D

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

We are outside the city limits. :(

7. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Most counties also have ordinances that deal with abandoned vehicles and yards that are a health hazard. Remember the 3 kids that died in a car trunk???? :rolleyes:

8. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Do you live in a park? The one my mom lives in have CC&Rs. If you want to live there, you have to sign the CC&Rs. Once you do that, then you are sort of "guaranteeing" that you won't let your place turn to ****.

9. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

can of spay paint and simple words? :D

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yes, but the landlord/owner is very easy going. I just hate being the one too turn anyone in. I'm not perfect myself.

11. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I can understand your reluctance to be the bad guy, however, your neighbor is decreasing your property value and if I had signed CC&Rs and was keeping up my end of the deal, I would expect that my neighbors do the same. Can't you voice your concerns annonymously? :confused:

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I guess I could type up a note and drop in in the mail slot at the office. That might be a good idea.

13. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Can of gas and a match? I'm sure I'll get "flamed" for that one :eek1:

John

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Belive me, that thought has crossed my mind, but with my luck, my place would catch fire too.

15. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Bust out the 2 5/16" chrome ball and steal his house. Take it somewhere else and the mess wil probably follow.

16. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

hows the fridge??

Does that refridgerator have a door on it??--if so,thats a violation in my area,you can be arrested for leaving one outside with the door intact--its called an "attractive nusance"(yeah,I spelled it wrong :haha: ).and kids have died playing in them....its tough dealing with neighbors...you hate to complain about their habits,cause if you do they will complain when YOU want to do something similar...thats why if I move, dont want any "neighbors"...they say "good fences make good neighbors"...my fence would have to be 20ft tall,and surround the entire property!..I'd be very happy at the top of a mountain or way out in the boonies...people drive me batty 90% of the time.. :crazy:

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Really ?? Yes indead it does have a door on it, but it's up against thier house, door facing thier house.

18. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

doesnt matter, almost efvery place ive seen u cant have one in ure yard with a door-i lived 15 mi from town and nearest neighbor was 2mi away- still had to take door off to wait for the dump trip( not that anyone would have known) I tried talking to my knuckle head next door to me now-we share the driveway- and he has become a complete #$@! since then. it started when i was real polite and nice at 3 am when he was outside my kids window blaring music and screaming around his truck. all i got was racial slurrs and 5 mexicans wanting to beat me up! but this ol country boy in btu's was able to divert the situation before it was really ugly (or was it the fear of the border patrol). after a few months of their settle border-line crap, i told the landlord was up to her to intervine or loose a good tenant soon. since i speak english to the old greek lady she favors me quite a bit. now its better but lots of hostility. he wont even let his kids play with mine when they used to play soo good together.

moral of the story have winesses, let the landlord know that u are going to speak to them nice like to try and resolve it, or have them do it IMO

19. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

My girlfriend lives out in the country on 11 acres. They have a neighbor across the street that lives on 3 acres in a trailer. My woman's place is very nice and developed, 2 hay pastures, a 6000 sq. ft. barn, a riding arena, and a $200,000 house. The neighbor...not so much. He is a mexican and lives in a trailer thats 12' long at maximum. His land doesnt even have a fence. He also has a pickup camper without a pickup under it, an old beercan car, and an old suburban just sitting there. My girlfriend's dad's theory about the pickup camper is that it is the guy's ****ter, because his lot doesnt have power, water, or sewage (not even septic). They petitioned the county to get a break on their property taxes this year because of the condition of the guy's place bringing down their property value. Her dad is trying to buy the land from him at fair market value but the guy wont sell.

20. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

ok how do you say this. I understand what you are saying and the note to the landlord signed or not would be good and better if as group a few would submit it to the owners. depends on where you are at to the codes. I know some people that have really trashy yards and the city people cannot even get him to clean it up because there are no restictions that he is bothering. Or as a group go over a politely ask them to clean it up some and even offer to haul the fridge off for them since it is big if they pick up most of thier mess. Or you can do the bit where you call the law out any halfway reason from now on to they get tire of them pulling in thier driveway and leave. since they have kids you could also call family and children services about the mess and safety of the kids. just ask them to keep it reasonablly clean. my yard has tall grass 1 bronco not running 13 kennels in the side yard and a mud hole on the lower side near the creek/swamp. I try to keep it somewhat clean so not to be the worst house on the road, but if it bothered a nieghbor i hope they would tell me. I put my pallet rack and scrap junk behind the kennels and a few trees so it cannot be seen just driving by. They probably would not tell me if i bothered them though because i am the only one around that has had a couple atvs and a bronco stuck in the lower side of the front yard being winched out with a come-a-long cause i told the boy "not to go back down there it is to wet for that thing down there".