Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do you get rid of that annoying click in IE

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by FWP, Mar 24, 2004.

1. FWP

FWP CRS

W2K- Anybody know? It drives me nuts when jammin the tunes and surfin the interweb.

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif i have not heard this "click". Does your pc case have a speaker built in it? If so, disable it. If your getting a click out of your desktop speakers, then I have no idea. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I get a click out of my desktop speakers...never really bothered me though. Although I could probably go without it, especially with the click of the mouse and all.

4. FWP

FWP CRS

Yeah, desktop speakers.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Use Netscape. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. FWP

FWP CRS

[ QUOTE ]
    Use Netscape. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

I didn't even notice the click till you mentioned it!! Thanks alot!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Actually...I do not know of the way, but when I find out I'll let you know /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Go to c:\windows\media and delete all the files. It will get rid of that gay freaking startup and shutdown music too. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

9. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

All of the sounds produced by Windows can be modified through the control panel by clicking on the "Sounds and Multimedia" icon.

When you click on "Sounds and Multimedia" a dialog box will open with a list of "Sound Events". As you go down the list of events you will see that some of them have a little speaker icon next to them. Those are events that have a sound associated with them. You can change the sound or choose "None" for all of them to eliminate all of the sounds.

If you feel really ambitious you could record your own sounds for system events ... like the sound of a 502cid big block roaring to life whenever Windows starts. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif