Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do you get the side molding/stripping off?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Jul 9, 2002.

I was just going to start pulling the crome side stripping off when I fuond that it's pretty well held on there. Also there is these clips that seem to hold it on pretty well. Does this stuff slide off, or just pry it off? Thanks

1. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

I got some of it off the first time I removed my top by myself. I got some more off the first time I went wheelin'. Then I pulled off the rest with a pair of thick leather gloves.

Some of it is just glued on, some is screwed on with an easily accessible screw and some is a pain in the butt to get those little mounting tabs off. I just ripped it off of those and then I took a grinder to those nasty tabs, then I found out they have nut on the back of them that may or may not be accessible.

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

The trim on the doors and the tailgate is just glued on. The trim on the fenders and quarters is glued and has one little clip thingy at end of that particular strip. I just got mean with it and ripped it all off with my hands! /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

3. Alright well thanks, that's kinda just what I figured. Later-80K20

4. JohnnyFresno

JohnnyFresno 1/2 ton status

Ripped mine off with my hands /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Find someone around town with 3M adhesive remover. I used some of that stuff and it helps alot getting that trim off!!

6. sluggo45acp

sluggo45acp 1/2 ton status

I tore mine off on a trail in clayton, Ok. Not the neatest job but it worked. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif