Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do you have your CB mounted in your cab?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k5king2, Nov 13, 2000.

1. k5king2

k5king2 Registered Member

What is the best way?

Were is the best spot for antena?

Could I use factory winsheald antena for cb?

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I don't know if it is the 'best' way, but I've got my CB mounted where the vent used to be above my heater controls, microphone hanging off of the rear view. I use the 4' dual whip antennas mounted to the side view mirrors. This seems to work alright for me. I'm sure there are much better set-ups, but thats the way I did mine.

Rene

[​IMG]

3. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

I dont think you can use your antenna in the windshield... But I could be wrong...

Um... yes officer I know it's too big...

4. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

i have my cb wedged between my seat and the center console with my external speaker mounted right in front of my 4wd shift. and my mic sits in my cup holder, i rarly use BOTH cup holders.
    my antenna is mounted ous the back bumper w/ a 5 1/2 foot antenna works great.
    my friends and i use them on the trail.. road trips... and most of us are on the lacrosse team so we talk on the way to and home from practice... ITS GREAT!!!

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    "DONT BE PROUD IF IT AINT LOUD!"

5. BigJim85

BigJim85 1/2 ton status

Have mine attached to the front of my console. Works great and easy to do. Have my ant on the middle of my roof, best spot in my opinion.

Call my rig an SUV... And I'll tear your lungs out.

6. tom

tom 1/2 ton status

Hung mine overhead. I hangs down from the roof, and is never in the way of anything. The mic hangs on a bungee. I use a good quality magnetic mount and place the antenna in the middle of the cab so that it has a good ground plane. That way when I knock it off, I just put it back and there is no damage to the antenna or the top.

7. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

Radio is mounted between the seat on the side of the console. Att. is on the bumper/tire carrier. Both work fine, but I really NEED an external speaker.

blazen91

8. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

Radio is mounted between the seat on the side of the console. Ant. is on the bumper/tire carrier. Both work fine, but I really NEED an external speaker.

blazen91

9. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Mine is mounted right in front of my console. I have a magnet mount antenna right now and it's a pain-in-the-ass 'cause it always gets knocked off[​IMG]. I want to get a permenant mount one soon....

[​IMG]FUN WITH 31's![​IMG]

10. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

11. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

You can use the factory am/fm antenna with the use of a box that can be bought at Radio Shack, but you will get a lot better reception with an external mount antenna!

I have my radio mount under the ash tray door and the antenna mounted on the rear bumper on the passenger side.
    Wehn I get a cage I will mount the radio up by the roof via the cage.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

12. 88MudBeast

88MudBeast Registered Member

Well, my CB is a piece of *hit so its sitting in the back behind the back seat. My 13ft antenna(i get unbelievable reception)which i havent bothered to take off yet is mounted on the drivers side rear bumper. This place works for me, but there may be better ways.
    Big Jake

13. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I've beenlooking for a better place to mount mine. I used to have it under the ashtray, but i moved it because every time I hit a bump it would hit the dash, even when tightened down. Hanging it off the roof sounds good, but how do you do it? My ant is still in the drivers side back bumper.

90K5

14. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

I have my cb mounted on the frount of my console and my ant is a wilson 5000 roof mount it is in the center of my roof.

soon I am goin to make an over head conole to put my cb a scaner and a 2 meater in. ( if I can get my ham licens )

[​IMG]Go prepared

http://www.trailblazer90.coloradok5.com

15. Gopherkiller

Gopherkiller 1/2 ton status

Had a CB mounted between the sun visors. When I rolled my oufit end over end, the CB almost ripped my nose off my face! Never again! Mount a radio there!

16. mudpuppy89k5

mudpuppy89k5 Registered Member

I mounted mine on the front of the center console. I was reluctant to drill holes in the console, but I figured that if I took it out, the holes wouldn't show. I have a window mounted antenna from Radio Shack on the right rear window. Since it just sticks on, I thought it probably wouldn't last very long, but so far I haven't knocked it off. I mounted it so that the top of the CB antenna was the same height as the top of the radio antenna so that it would go into the garage. That was a mistake as the CB antenna is too low and the reception is not that great.

John Perry
    http://www.mudpuppy.coloradok5.com/