Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how do you lift an 05 gmc,with torsion bars

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by boggerless, Jul 22, 2006.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

really , its in the drive now. we just rotated the tires and now we are wondering.what do you do to get the front end up some? thanks

2. boggerless

how do you adjust the torsion bars??tim wants a little more heighth up front. its a 1/2 ton bye the bye.:D

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

19mm wrench on the bolt on the bottom of the torsion bar crossmember. tighten em, and it goes up. you'll want to align it after doing so though.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

bolts at the end of the torstion bars(frame end). Look at the crossmember the T-Bars go to and you will see the adjuster bolt. Run them in a little bit. Alternating sides and measuring as you go to get it adjusted nicely side to side and get the height you want. I did it on my 95 K2500 and it made the front end bouncy, but it leveled the front and rear so I didn't care. Agree on the alignment thing.

My tires wore like crap after I did it on my 95(it messes with all your angles)

5. boggerless

THANKS guys.:bow: tim wants his el camino level.:laugh: that whole front end is a joke if you ask me.:rolleyes: :haha: as far as the angles when we droped his truck from the jack he was like look its higher!!thats cuz of the indy front end, it will level out when you back up.:D and it did.:wink1: amazing!