Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do you like TN?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by kennyw, Jul 10, 2003.

1. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Since the project I am working on will not last forever I am looking for an area to relocate to when it is time. I want to be near mountains, away from roads that get salted in the winter and something greener than the West... So far I have been thinking about Knoxville, TN area close to the Great Smoky Mountains. I have been finding some jobs that I am qualified for in that area already that seem to pay well for me.

So how many places are there to go wheeling, camping, fishing, horse trails, etc? How is the government? Vehicle taxes, registration etc.? Sales tax? State Income tax?

2. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

Only thing I can say is that you are real close to Tellico. Plenty of camping/fishing/hunting. That's all I know.

3. stump_puller

stump_puller 1/2 ton status

Should be a very good place to re-locate. I live about an hour north of knoxville. You are only minutes away from gatlinburg and the smoky's.

Later,
    Don

As far as wheeling I belive there a few places to go around there. And you are not that far away from tellico /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

In my opinion TN is the best place on earth. From the lakes to the mountains their is always something to do in TN. And there is lots of places to go muddin etc... Wish you luck if you move there. Im from around the Nashville area, well once I move back there.

5. mountainibis

mountainibis Registered Member

I live right across the border in NC. I know a couple of people that live in TN because it's cheaper to live there than in NC. No vehicle inspections that I'm aware of. If there are any, they must not check a whole lot, because I see a lot of dope rides with TN plates that have their share of duct tape, baling wire, and exhaust stains on the back bumper. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

TN doesn't have state income tax, either, so that's a plus. The sales tax is a little higher to make up for it, though.

6. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Shoot Zonkrat a PM.

7. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Thanks for all the replies. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. TK5

TK5 1/2 ton status

Better rethink the roads not getting salted in the winter. they still use salt but they also use a brine solution on the highways before it snows which is just as bad as the salt. Other than that Tennessee is a great place to live plus if you wait till the weather to change wait till the next day.