Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do you like your S-10 in the snow?

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by COCHEV, Dec 14, 2003.

1. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

Man, i love my little s10 blazer on the snowy roads. put it in 4 hi and haul ass. i also have brand new 30x9.5 bfg ats on too. just can't help but pull 4 wheel drifts and controled slides all over town sense all the streets are snow packed right now /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif neighbors love when i come into our cul-de-sac. a right hand slide into a left hand slide that lines me up with the driveway- on the gas then lock em up for final slide into home. LOL! one of these times i'll probably put it into the living room. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

anyways, out on the hiway and around town it does great!

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i do that with my k-10..put it in 4hi and hual ass around the block..is quit fun..my s-10 is 2wd though..so..i bet it will still be fun but ill have to be carefull..

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

my s10, i amlost never got stuck in the snow. really the only time i got stuck was when i stoped in a driveway that was sloped and couldn't move. then another time i was just beeing dumb. going down a dirt road that was covered in ice i punched it and it got side ways, i let off and it straightened out, did it again and again it straighted out. the third time it was a little slope down hill, and it didn't straighten out /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. into the ditch i went the snow pile in the ditch was about 3ft high and where my s10 sat it was about 5ft deep. lets just say it took a while to get out(a semi truck came by and pulled me out /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

4. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

I've had 3 S10 Blazers that I drove in the snow a LOT:

1989 2-Door, 4.3L Auto... BFG All-Terrains. Pretty good. Not great but could go through deep snow at an acceptable pace.

1992 4-Door, 4.3L 5spd... Bald tires. Useless in the snow.

1984 2-Door, 5.0L TPI 700R4, BFG Muds, Rear Locker... Could go any speed in any amount of snow or ice. I loved it!!!

It's amazing how the different trucks with different mods had such different personalities in the snow/mud...

5. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    1984 2-Door, 5.0L TPI 700R4, BFG Muds, Rear Locker... Could go any speed in any amount of snow or ice. I loved it!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

got any pics of this one?

6. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try to post some pics tomorrow if I get a chance... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try to post some pics tomorrow if I get a chance... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Here are only a few of many many many pictures of this truck. I put 70,000 miles on it after I did the TPI swap!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

pics no worky /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

9. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Crappit! They worked at home last night!!! I wonder if imagestation figured out they were getting ripped off???

Anybody want to host the pics for me??? I can email them or you can copy them from imagestation... They're good pics of the TPI swap and of the truck in action. I even have a good mpeg of the truck doing figure-8's on the pavement!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

i use image station and it seems to work for me. i also use webshots. i think i've seen your video of you doing figure 8s. have you posted it up before?

if you want you can send me the pics attached to an email. my addy is in my profile /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i use image station and it seems to work for me. i also use webshots. i think i've seen your video of you doing figure 8s. have you posted it up before?

if you want you can send me the pics attached to an email. my addy is in my profile /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool man! I'll email them from home tonight. I posted my figure-8 video before... I used to host my own web site but my new ISP won't allow hosting. (Just moved out of state, now in VA...)

Thanks!!!

12. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

love my 88s154x4 ,
    31" bfg muds. and a locker in the rear.
    lots o fun in the snow /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

13. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

'91 S-Jimmy, 4WD, 4-door, 4.3, 700R4. Rear gov lock was replaced with a Torsen torque biasing diff. Just put a set of 235/75R15 Goodyear Wranglers on it. I was driving on snow covered roads in it this morning and it was almost like the roads were dry. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All of my imagestation pictures work from home now!!! ???

Can others pipe in as to whether they can see my pics at work/home in the day/night???

I'll email them and have someone else post them, and also post them through CK5 members galleries too just as a test! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

15. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here they are linked to my CK5 Member Gallery...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

Looks good, man /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

i've gotta do this. i have a 94 with a 4.3 so i wont have to worry about a trannie swap. i want to do a 350 with either TBI or TPI.

did you buy an aftermarket wiring harness or use the one from the doner car? did you have to do much clearancing of the firewall?

17. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Looks good, man /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

i've gotta do this. i have a 94 with a 4.3 so i wont have to worry about a trannie swap. i want to do a 350 with either TBI or TPI.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd go the extra few bucks for the TPI if you can find one. If nothing else just for the "Ooooohhhh" factor! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    did you buy an aftermarket wiring harness or use the one from the doner car?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did this swap back in like 1997-1998 and the aftermarket harnesses were pure crap so I used a combination of the truck's harness for the 'hard' wiring (alternator, starter, gages, etc.) and the donor car's 'soft' wiring (all computer controlled stuff like injectors, sensors, etc.) and it worked out real nice. Took a TON of time and reading of shop manuals, but if you can read a wiring diagram you can do it. Aftermarket harnesses have come a long way since then so depending on the deal I could get on a donor car I would consider using an aftermarket harness these days... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    did you have to do much clearancing of the firewall?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif BFH!!! But the 4.3L trucks had a different firewall and the steering column is already moved over to clear the wider 4.3L motor, so there is little if any hammering to do to get a V8 in there.

You will never regret putting a V8 in an S-Truck. I promise! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

18. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Wait, are you any relation to Scott Rigdon? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

19. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Wait, are you any relation to Scott Rigdon? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif D'Oh! You caught me!!! Long story short, I don't use my real name on the internet anymore. Not too worried about it here on CK5 though so my secret can be out. Several of the guys here know me by both names anyways. Other aliases I've used over the years:

Jordan Alexander Consuella Green III
    Sallias Joseph Tribioni
    Angelo Chaos Rigdone

To this day there are still people who think my name is actually Sal... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

20. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I kept seeing the pictures and everything and I was wondering what the hell was going on. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I thought you'd finally lost it and thought you were someone else, I knew you were half crazy anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif