Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do you lower a T-case?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Jan 23, 2001.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

I am going to buy those 8" Skyjacker springs from that guy who responded to my post. Since I'm going to go that high, I definately want to drop the t-case and lengthen my driveshafts. First of all, how the hell do you drop the t-case?? I know that I have seen people post it on here before, but I don't remember what all to do and how to do it.

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

2. baby blue

baby blue Registered Member

all you half to do is space down the t case cross member.thier are at least two bolts on each end.i use a couple of 1/4 inch thick steel flat stock and make my own

babey blue

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

the 1in spacers are already on the bolts just put them in between the frame and crossmember instead of under the crossmember

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

When we make the date for pick-up, I will bring some brackets that I had laying aroung (if I can find them) and show you. There are pros and cons to lowering the t-case. I will explain when we meet.