Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do you make hard boiled eggs?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by y5mgisi, Apr 10, 2004.

1. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

I realy been wanting some but dont know how to make them /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif can any one give me some instructions on how to make em? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

boil some water and stick the eggs in... it takes something like 10 minutes if I remember right... I'll ask my mom, brb

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Stick them in the microwave oven for about 10 minutes...

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

No seriously don't do that, yeah i just put the eggs in a pot of water and start boiling it, iusually get to a boil and let it go for abour 15-20 minutes after it starts to boil.

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    boil some water and stick the eggs in... it takes something like 10 minutes if I remember right... I'll ask my mom, brb

[/ QUOTE ]

then you test them by spinning them, if they spin good there cooked, if they wobble, there not cooked!

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

No. It's way too hard for someone to just jump in and make some. You need some training before you can attempt something like boiling eggs. Maybe you should do something like peel an orange and see how you do there. Another good exercise is scooping ice cream into a bowl. If those run smoothly, make a bowl of cold cereal, see how that goes and then step up from there to the eggs if all goes well. Good luck. Don't forget to wear the proper safety equipment too. Losing a finger in an industrial egg boiling accident would probably be enough just to ruin your Easter.

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Mom says 5 minutes...

7. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Start your eggs in cold water....enough to cover your eggs by about an inch....when it comes to a good boil, take it off the heat, put a lid on and let it sit for 15 minutes....this will prevent the "green" ring from forming around the yolk which causes a slightly sulphur taste....

to peel...place the eggs in ice water for about 10 mminutes...tap the large end since this is where the air pocket usually is, and start from there....sometimes helps to peel them under running water..... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

yuo guys are quick im going to go make me some then woo hoo /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

9. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

just had to say again thanks Oh yeah i just peeled the ogange and passed that test with flying colores so i think im ready to just jump right in and do the egg making thing. Thanks also for the tips about how to avoid the "green yolk sydrom" and how to easly peel...These instructions do aply to electric ovens and not gas ovens right? /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

10. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Two ways:

Cold Water Method:
    Place eggs in saucepan; add enough cold H2O to come at least 1" above the eggs. Heat rapidly to boiling. Remove from heat, let stand 20 minutes. Immediately cool eggs in cold water to prevent further cooking. (I just put the pan under the faucet and let the cold water run into it until the the eggs are cool. Then I usually eat 5 or 6 right there with salt.)
    Boiling Water Method:
    Place eggs in bowl of warm water to prevent shells from cracking. Fill saucepan with enough water to come at least 1" above eggs; heat to boiling. With spoon, transfer eggs from warm water to boiling water. Reduce heat to below simmering; cook 20 minutes. Immediately cool eggs in cold water to reduce further cooking.

And that's about the size of it. I prefer the cold water method as there are less steps involved, and the chance of cracking the shells is minimized. Whenever I try the other method, the shells almost always crack. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Name that quote:(easy one)
    "My boy says he can eat 50 eggs, my boy can eat 50 eggs."

11. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Cool Hand Luke!

12. mofugly13

Damn, you mofo's arew fast, there was only one reply when I started typing...

ChevyCaGal..you are too friggin' funny /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif And you ar the WINNAH!!! What did you win? I donno /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

One more thing, when you peel them and they are a beeotch, with egg sticking to the shell and whatnot, they're overdone, reduce your time a few minutes next time. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    No. It's way too hard for someone to just jump in and make some. You need some training before you can attempt something like boiling eggs. Maybe you should do something like peel an orange and see how you do there. Another good exercise is scooping ice cream into a bowl. If those run smoothly, make a bowl of cold cereal, see how that goes and then step up from there to the eggs if all goes well. Good luck. Don't forget to wear the proper safety equipment too. Losing a finger in an industrial egg boiling accident would probably be enough just to ruin your Easter.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

14. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Then I usually eat 5 or 6 right there with salt.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel sorry for anybody else that lives in this household, and i'm GLAD i don't live there either,,,,,whew! /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

15. mofugly13

Ha Ha! My GF starts "backing away slowly" when I lay into the hard boiled eggs. Don't know what it is but I love 'em. I think there have been times when I ate 20 or so in a day. The eggs don't affect me tho' /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif I am a naturally(pun intended) gaseous beast.

16. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Eat 20 eggs and throw her in the dutch oven later that night??? /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

17. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    These instructions do aply to electric ovens and not gas ovens right?

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif....HE's BLOND!!!... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

18. gm4x

gm4x 1/2 ton status

1- How long for a 3 minute soft boiled?

2- NEVER eat eggs & drink beer (TOXIC!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif)

3- Pour alittle vinegar in with the water, helps eggs shells from sticking (TRUE- from my feminine side /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif)

4- Have you seen those new machines on TV that peel a H/B egg in 2 seconds?? /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5- Fill the chickens waterbowls with 30 weight, speeds up production (maybe "output" is a better word??)

6- Do you know what that white stuff is in chicken poop??

CHICKEN POOP!!!!!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Man thems some goood eggs!!! Oh yeah and i aint blond i just like to be extra sure of things. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif thanks for all the replys i think moms probly gonna kick me outa the house tonight though /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. mofugly13

Yum, Yum! I boiled up 2 dozen yesterday, I have eaten six since this thread started!!