Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do you price a 72 Blazer?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ck22, Apr 13, 2006.

1. ck22

ck22 Registered Member

I have a 72' Blazer that runs super strong. I don't abuse it, but you can tell its been around. It sits on 33 BFG A/T's, has a 400 small block, TH 350, NP205, with Dana 44 front and corp 12 bolt rear. Bucket seats, rear bench, softtop, A/C and heater. It also has a rollbar and baja style spare in the back of the bed. It has small rust here and there but nothing major. I bought for $1000 not running. I had to replace the gas lines due to it sitting for 8 years and rebuilt the tranny. Anyway, I have people stopping me all the time asking if I'd sell. I'm just curious what these things are worth running. Now I don't plan on selling it, so don't get your hopes up. Its fun to drive and looks great parked next to my 70 El Camino(owned for 10 years) and 68 Camero (owned since high school). I am a chevy enthusiest as you can see and don't part with anything. Like I said, just curious to know how bad I stole it from the guy and what they're valued at. Thanks for your help.

ck22

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Well some pics would help with the estamating but I will give you my opinion:
    I would say if you put it up for sale at $4500 it would sell real fast. If you put it up for $7000 somone would probly buy it that is looking for what you have.
    $10K well...some rich kid looking for one maybe but that is a bit pricy.
    So from 4500 to 10K ahhahaa
    Hope this helps and get some pics :D

3. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I gave 35 for mine, 72 jimmy was driveable and only needed a tranny/tcase and I could have used it for a DD. It had very minimal rust when purchased. This is what it looked like right after I got it home, I removed the grill for treatment of surface rust on core support. Should give you and Idea, right after I bought this I found a 72 blazer with no motor or tranny for 4k.

jimmy frontal before teardown feb 05 1.jpg

4. 71 Blazer

71 Blazer 1/2 ton status

I paid $1800 for mine. The drive train and frame are in excellent condition. The body has more holes than swiss cheese.

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Well since you're not selling it.....it's worth whatever you want it to be!!!

6. ck22

ck22 Registered Member

I thought the pics loaded but I guess not. I'll try again. Thanks for the help!