Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do you run your incab wires with bedlinered interior?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by redneckdude, Feb 12, 2005.

1. redneckdude

redneckdude 1/2 ton status

Im tryin to come up with some way to run all my wires without totally 100% having to redo every bit of wiring in my cab. What have yall done without going too extreme.

2. blackblazer717

blackblazer717 1/2 ton status

as for the in cab wireing IE. radio speaker wire etc... i took some of that wire loom stuff that comes in different diameters and i put it over all the wiring and than i mounted it all solidly to the floor and the badsides in the back with those wire lug things. looks good and is clean.

3. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

I just used wire loom as well,

I was a little slicker though and I drilleda 1 inch hole near the rocker, then fised the wire through it. For the holes I picked up some rubber grommits.:D

then again I also didnt have my speakers back there, or a top...so less junk to wire.

4. redneckdude

redneckdude 1/2 ton status

I was thinking about that but didn't know how it would look. I guess i can figure out something to make it look decent when that time comes. Ill prob just zip tie them all up when i start and then loom them later.

5. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

I have had great results and look from using solid grey PVC conduit in the areas where you step... actually I ran a 1 inch line down the center and to the rear of the cab and then using the plastic looms from there... looks very sano

the plastic flexi looms are great but not when you step on them... they crinkle...and crack..... the solid stuff totally protects the wire and keeps them clean and dry... even when you wash out the interior

cam

6. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I either run it down by the weather striping under the plastic trim(I kept it in the cab, or I run it down them Tranny hump with wire loom, I dont have problems but generally I only have 2 people in my cab so no one can step on it

7. FWP

FWP CRS

That's a great idea!:waytogo: Thanks!

8. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I like it the PVC coduit idea. Gonna have to use it for sure.

9. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

PVC is great idea, but split-loom was free from my work :D This is the only wiring on my floor (okay, 'cept for the handsfree speaker that fell out of the dash :blush: )

[​IMG]

10. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

i used wire loom going over the tranny hump ,then got some zipties with the holes on them so you could screw them down