Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do you ship an Axle?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 79Guy, Jul 23, 2000.

1. 79Guy

79Guy 1/2 ton status

I saw an 14 bolt for sale in Schnectdy NY. Any idea how to get it shipped to Southeastern VA, and about how much it would cost? I assume it is way to heavy for UPS.

Thanks,

79 Guy

Owner of Two Great 4WD
    - '79 Blazer
    - '99 ML320

2. J.R.

J.R. Guest

contact road way or yellow shipping, it is going to cost a few bucks,a complete 14 bolt rear with brake drums is about 580lbs.!!

BIGBLOCK MAN

3. Check out R&L/Gator shipping. I just paid 60 bucks for shipping on a 700R4, with torque converter and flex plate. This thing was shipped on a pallet and enclosed in a wooden box. I would guesstimate that it was 200lbs. It was shipped from VA to KY. It got here in 2 days !! I was impressed. It is better to go from a business to business, but they will charge an extra 30 bucks for a residential delivery. I had it sent to my residence, but picked it up at there terminal 25 miles from here to save the 30 bucks. I did a search for them and found there 1-800 number, If I find it before you do I will post it !! I hope this helps, they were great!!

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

4. 76GMCJimmyinAZ

76GMCJimmyinAZ Registered Member

Does R&L/Gator ship nationwide? I'm trying to figure out how to ship a 700R4 and 208... Stick the number on when you find it, ok??

Thanks!

GUZZLES GAS BUT IT'S FREE AND CLEAR!!!

5. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Hey, I talked to mail boxes ect the other day and they said they will ship an axel, they will package it up and everything... I asked him how much for a 700lbs axel he said about 200$ but even if its more it saves on the hastle of doing all of the foot work yourself and there are MBE everywhere.

6. R&L\'s Number

I think this is it: 1-800-543-5589, it should be to there central office and then they can give you info from there.

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!