Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do you take the interior door panel off a 1990?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shum1, Nov 18, 2000.

1. shum1

shum1 1/2 ton status

I'm trying to lube my power window, are there any clips that I need to take off? I see the screws but what holds the top part in? Does it requre a special tool? I dont have a manual yet. Thanks.

2. Blazerbob

Blazerbob 1/2 ton status

Take out all screws then there are a few plastic push in clips to pop out the pull out a little on the bottom then push up on the panel to pop off. you may have to use a lot of pressure to pop that top part off.

<font color=blue>Blazerbob</font color=blue>[​IMG]

3. bennett

bennett Registered Member

while you guys are answering .... do you have to worry about the electrics (locks and window hdwr.) what about the grab pull(strap) that goes through the panel?

4. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

When you get the panel off (you may also have to apply pressure at the top of the panel towards the exterior of the door to get it loose at the top)you can turn the panel so that it rest on the ground or inside on the floorboard. No need to take off the wires from the switches.

Once the panel is loose just guide it over the release handle.

Very easy job.

Good luck!

5. shum1

shum1 1/2 ton status

Thanks alot guys! I also was wondering if I had to take the screws off the strap handle and map pocket

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

You have to take the screws from the handle off but not from the map pocket. That thing is a bitch to get off too.

[​IMG]FUN WITH 31's![​IMG]

7. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

Careful taking off the screw covers on the strap, can be brittle and break easily. Push from end to middle of strap, then gently lift off. Takes a medium torx driver to remove the strap.

8. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

If you brak the strap they are $8 at a Chevy dealer. The panels are held in by clips at the window ledge. You might be able to see them, but I don't remember. When it seems like it won't come off, though, it will, jsut be careful not to mess up the panel. You have to hit it down pretty hard when you reinstall so the clips will seat properly. And remember: If its stuck, Force it! If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway! And: If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!

90K5

9. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Around the edges there are screws. Inside the arm-lean there are 2 screws, then theres the two holding the strap. and another one on the armlean.
    The clips along the window can be picked with the window down, from the outside. They bend esaly but just bend them back before installing again.
    If you want the regulator asembly out it,s 4 bolts. Slide it out of the sash-channels, and then rotate it out through the biggest hole in the upper corner. The motor has a disconect plug at the bottom of the door that you will see when you have it upp alitle. Just sprayin wd-40 down there will just make more dirt stick to it, I took mine out and degreased them, power-washed them and put fresh grease on them. That made a big diffrence.
    [​IMG]

http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com