Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do you take the windows out of the fiberglass top?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 72Blazerod, Aug 20, 2001.

1. 72Blazerod

72Blazerod 1/2 ton status

I have a buddy that needs to take replace the driver side window in his top. How do you do it? Any tricks? Is it easy?

Thanks,

Rod

In Canada we use K5s instead of dog sleds now!

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I'm about to take mine off too and the only thing I can think of is to use soapy water all the way around the seal so it won't rip when you remove it.

<font color=blue>Esteban</font color=blue>

<font color=red>HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF CHATA?</font color=red>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Estebans-album>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Estebans-album</a>

3. HarryL

HarryL 1/2 ton status

Rod,

I had to replace the drivers side window in mine also. What I did was put masking tape all over the outside and inside of the window to contain the class chips, and from the inside, lightly kicked it out. The rubber seal was undamaged and I reused it to replace the new glass immediately. In addition, I used soapy water in a spray bottle on the glass before taping and a butter knife to break the seal both around the glass and the fiberglass. That's the easy bit, getting it out. When you put it in, make sure you use the rope trick.

bestens,

HarryL