Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do you think it will look (tire and wheel combo)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigOrange90Jimmy, Nov 9, 2004.

1. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I was thinking of getting the aluminum wheels off a new silverado and putting them on my k5. how do you think would look on it wrapped in 35's? or will they get sucked into the wheel well too much? i don't wanna use wheel spacers either.

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Too much backspacing.

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Too much backspacing.

[/ QUOTE ]Bingo and also the center bore of the late model rims are smaller than early rims from the lack of lock out hubs. I have seen people have late model rims bored out to fit over our early hubs, fairly easy process, just the expense and time.

4. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That's all I need to know bud! That's $300 I can put towards a set of Welds...

5. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]You'll need WAY more than $300. My 16.5x14 Weld scorpios were $1,600.

If you get a set of welds you will love them, they are by far the best rim on the market.

6. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bingo and also the center bore of the late model rims are smaller than early rims from the lack of lock out hubs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you get this information? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif GM has had the same size wheel center on 8 lug wheels for many years (smaller than Dodge and Ford).

Another problem with the Silverado wheels is the width (only 6.5"). Back spacing really isn't an issue on the 8 lug wheels. GM 6 lug 4 wheel drive trucks 88-up have a lot of backspace.

You should consider picking up a set of H2 wheels and 35's. They aren't too bad looking and go pretty cheap on Ebay.

7. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

I think the stock rims would be too skinny.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah theres 1 Weld! However, I got my set for less then that.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]You'll need WAY more than $300. My 16.5x14 Weld scorpios were $1,600.

If you get a set of welds you will love them, they are by far the best rim on the market.

[/ QUOTE ] Weld make some very nice rims, but my first choice is Centerline.

9. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Need to specify 6 lug (1/2 ton) or 8-lug (3/4 ton).

I doubt a stock 6-lug rim would fit because of the backspacing. Even if it did it would probabaly look goofy because of how far inside the wheelwell it would sit.

The factory 8-lug stuff should fit, but as already mentioned are only 6.5" wide and probably not the ideal setup for a 35" tire (assuming its the typical 12"+ width).

10. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    I was thinking of getting the aluminum wheels off a new silverado and putting them on my k5. how do you think would look on it wrapped in 35's? or will they get sucked into the wheel well too much? i don't wanna use wheel spacers either.

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bingo and also the center bore of the late model rims are smaller than early rims from the lack of lock out hubs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you get this information? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif GM has had the same size wheel center on 8 lug wheels for many years (smaller than Dodge and Ford).

Another problem with the Silverado wheels is the width (only 6.5"). Back spacing really isn't an issue on the 8 lug wheels. GM 6 lug 4 wheel drive trucks 88-up have a lot of backspace.

You should consider picking up a set of H2 wheels and 35's. They aren't too bad looking and go pretty cheap on Ebay.

[/ QUOTE ] With 8 lug rims I would imagine that they would fit over a 10B hub because of the larger diameter flange on the 8 lug IFS Chevys.

BUT..... Read his post again. He says he has a K5, nothing about it being converted to 3/4 ton and as we all know a stock K5 is equipped with 6 lug axles. Late model 6 lug chevy rims WILL NOT FIT early strait axle trucks without the center bore's being bored out. Take your /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif else where.

If he is in fact 8 lug he should have mentioned that.

Have a nice day. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif