Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how do you wire dual alts.?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Jan 27, 2002.

please explain slowly. i'm electrically challenged.[​IMG]

<font color=blue> Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

</font color=blue>

1. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Do you mean dual batt. If dual alt. then why not go with a beefed up alt (180 or so amps)

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I would like to know as well. Running two big alt. lets you power alot of things without having to worry about anything.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&33"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

3. i have the old style alt bracket as well as the new one. thought it would be cool to run two and have plenty of charging off two cheepo alts. will probably run two batteries too.

<font color=blue> Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

</font color=blue>

4. top

</font color=blue>

5. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Very carefully!

Just joking. I believe this can get pretty hairy as most later model alts have internal battery sensors that detect when they should or shouldn't charge. When you hook up two, I think you have to pull this component so it is shared between the two. If you are electrically challenged, this may be a much larger task than you wish to take on! You might call WranglerNW and see if they can give you any help. They are sharp and usually quite helpful.

Brian
    Check out <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com>My Jimmy</a> with all her projects!