Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How do your Hookers fit?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 86K5TrailBlazer, Aug 4, 2001.

1. 86K5TrailBlazer

86K5TrailBlazer 1/2 ton status

Just bought some Hooker Comp Headers, Ceramic Coated, anyway im getting some supplies ,like better gaskets, and start talking to the guy about the speed shop, and begins telling me how he won't even sell Hooker headers. He mentioned that they have fitting problems and don't last etc. You guys running hookers how are yours going, are they lasting? Also I noticed that there may be a braket for the alternator that needs to be adjusted, is this the case for a k5 (86 model). Thanks ;)

2. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

[​IMG] I try to stay away from Hookers. They get you in trouble with the wife![​IMG]
    But I haven't heard many good things about Hookers. Thats all I can give.

Does anyone have a grinding disk I can borrow?[​IMG]3/4 in progress[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>

3. flblazer

flblazer 1/2 ton status

i have hedman hedders there the best i think an fit like a glove

can some 1 find me a ford i need to take a pee k5s kick a$$ still peein on that ford just have to keep goin dam i can not stop pissin:)

4. 4x4blazer

4x4blazer 1/2 ton status

I have Hedmans also and am happy with em. I had an IROC with Hookers though and had no probs.

5. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

But he already has hookers. So does anyone have any input on Hookers?

Does anyone have a grinding disk I can borrow?[​IMG]3/4 in progress[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>

6. ymatt

ymatt Registered Member

What? Hookers no good? You're kidding right?

I just bought Hooker Super Competitions (part #2827) because they're supposed to be some of the BEST headers available!

Fitting them was a piece of cake (and they fit VERY well), but I had to remove the starter motor on the RHS. I used the included gaskets, and they appear to seal very well. I have not been able to test the performance yet because my tranny is out, but the power increase should be pretty substantial. I also bought the Hooker Competition true dual exhaust kit (part #16528), and Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (part #42441). It's one heck of a combo - sounds awesome!

I just can't wait to get my TH-350 back, and my other parts from Summit, and take the truck for a spin!

Yendor

P.S. I think my headers are illegal in California on most newer trucks, but mine is a '78 and exempted (I think). My K5 never had any emissions junk or cats from the factory.

7. 86K5TrailBlazer

Awesome thanks for the heads up ;). Im putting on the regular comps with no air injection (oh well ;)) I guess ill have to bypass some smog crap, I can deal with that. ;) Im also putting on the heooker dual exhaust kit, funny thing is they sent out part number 16523 which appears to be for 2wd where the Hooker part says the one you mentioned (28), when I called summit they said that should fit both two and four wheel drive models, Im keeping my fingers crossed. In any case Im trying all this tomoorrow, oh yeah and putting in my new Tom Wood's front drive shaft as I just put in a 6" lift with 36's, I cant wait for the sounds, Oh year I got flowmaster 40's also.

Thanks again CK5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I got hooker super comp headers without air injection, and I really like them... however, I cannot get to the last to plugs on the drivers side easily. (major pain!)

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>

9. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have Hooker super comps with Jet Hot Coating (rusting after the recoating only 8 months ago) and are for sale. They fit OK with my angle plug heads (they say they won't fit, and they won't with straight boots, but with 90 degree boots they will). I bought the "Dead Soft Aluminum" re-usable gaskets from either Summit or Jegs, and they haven't leaked yet. Used for over a year and bolted and unbolted a couple times.

If you didn't build it yourself, how can you call it yours.......?

10. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I have yet to ever have any problems w/ Hooker headers... there are an excellent choice and have never heard of anyone not liking them. I would get the super comps... rather then the cheapie headers. Dynomax make excellent cheaper headers... they need a little banging but overall pretty decent. Hedamn have given me more problems then any header and I personally won't buy them.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</a>

11. 86K5TrailBlazer

Hey thanks for the replies once again, the headers ended up going on great, Im happy with them as for the dual exhuast kit, well that was (*&amp;^ but after a little slicing and welding we made it fit ok, doesnt look as great though but does the job just fine. Sounds great too with the dual 40 and "h" pipe kit I got as well.