Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How Does Superlift Compare

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cityfarmer2, Aug 7, 2002.

1. cityfarmer2

cityfarmer2 Guest

Guys I have just purchased a 6" Superlift lift Kit. Does anyone have one and how does it stack up to Say Skyjacker or Trailmaster among others? Getting a pretty good deal.....I hope /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

2. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I've never heard anyone complain about a Superlift system. I am running Skyjacker/ORD/homemade. If it's a good deal, get it.

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I am running a superlift lift kit and am very happy with it, 6" also.

4. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

I'm runnin a 6" superlift superide. I love it! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

5. Ben Malinski

Ben Malinski Guest

Hey Gary, where you at? This is Ben. Humphries? I don't see your rig parked by the main gate any more!

6. cityfarmer2

cityfarmer2 Guest

Ben Where did you get the 454 I am truly jealous now.

7. cityfarmer2

cityfarmer2 Guest

How hard to get it to work with the 14 Bolt. I have one I am going to install and a DANA 60 up front.

8. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have had two SUperlift kits and have abunch of friends that have them. All of ours work great with no complaints!

I know that the Skyjacker soft ride rear springs are stiff!

9. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

I've got the 6" Super lift too. I'd suggest getting the longer front shackles. But I'm happy with it. They have a spring rate of like 600 or so compared to, I think, Tuff Countrys 350. Stiffer but if you have a winch or a big block then you'll like it even more cuz your springs won't wear out. They flex pretty good.

10. Ben Malinski

Ben Malinski Guest

Busan DRMO sold a bunch of trucks to a salvage shop in Busan. A couple of them are from the mid 70's! Hard to believe the military had these laying around all these years but then again, I'm not surprised! Some have the 454's. He's got a few left. He also has about 20 K5's for sale. All are M1009. 3/4 ton. And he has a 6.5 diesel for sale. I gave you his phone number a few years ago. He has the most military goods on his lot in Korea outside of the military!

11. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I ran my superlift 4" springs for a long time with 38's and was very happy with flex I was provided with.[​IMG]

12. AdamJ86

AdamJ86 Newbie

I've got a 6" superlift on my 86 jimmy w/ 37" swampers and i got no complaints!

13. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

I just installed one on an 85 Blazer and am very satisfied with the way it went. Seems like the owner is happy with it. Even the steering arm swap went smooth.

John

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've got 6" Superlift front springs in my Blazer. No complaints.