Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How does the transmission come out?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Sample, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Sample

Sample 1/2 ton status

I am attempting to remove the POS 700R4 transmission from the K5. I have removed froa=nt and rear driveshafts, transfercase, crossmember. I have unhooked all wiring and linkages, removed the 6 bolts holding the bellhousing onto the engine, I have removed the support arms from the 700.

I can get the tranny to move back from the engine about a finger's width, but no further. Is there something I am forgetting to remove?

2. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

The 3 flywheel bolts

3. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

The 3 flywheel bolts /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Sample

Sample 1/2 ton status

Don't you guys mean the 3 FLEX PLATE bolts?

5. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

RATAH did......I just pasted his reply because I agree and I am too lazy to type. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Also, don't forget to remove the filler tube. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif It's usually bolted to the back of the passenger side cylinder head, in such a way that you need to be a contortionist to remove it. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Also, don't forget to remove the filler tube. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif It's usually bolted to the back of the passenger side cylinder head, in such a way that you need to be a contortionist to remove it. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No freegin kidding. I ended up removing my whole exhaust manifold just to make it easier (was coming out anyway, just not that day).

8. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I was lucky when I removed my tranny this summer. The fill tube wasn't connected. I did forget to reinstall it before the tranny was totally bolted in though. It wouldn't fit back in there because of the bracket for the bolt. So I just took the angle grinder and cut the bracket off the tube and weiseled it down in there. It has been fine without anything holding it now for 8 months.