Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how far is group camp site from actual trails?

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by jekbrown, Jul 26, 2002.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i was going to go to Blazer Bash without balancing my off-road-only tires (39.5 TSLs)... figuring I'd never get over 25 on the trail anyway. Then I got to thinking... what if some of the trails we are gonna do are a ways from our camp site... and the caravan wants to go faster than 25-30. bad times, /forums/images/icons/frown.gif can anyone thats been there fill me in? I planned on trailering my tires down there, and swapping my procomp (on road tires) off and putting the 39.5s on as soon as I got there and leaving the road tires in the trailer for the duration. possible? or should I just bite the bullet and balance those suckers? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

J

2. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Some of the trails we will take are a little ways down the highway (maybe 10 miles) and most everyone will haul a$$ to get there. Everyone is excited to get on them. So, are they really that bad? Ever try a bag of Equal in them? It might help. There is also quite a few trails that head right out of town so you will not be going fast to them.
    Guess you won't be the first one back for a beer? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

dang it. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif I have heard of equal.. but have no idea how much it costs or where to get it OTHER than 4wpw... I dont mind getting it from them, but I'd like to check prices... and they are the only guys in town that seem to carry it. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

J

4. sidslc

sidslc Registered Member

I have never balanced my 42" tsl's.Kinda think its a waste of money(I dont know if it is posabel to keep them balanced Ha Ha). The only problem that I have with the tires is when you let them sit for a week they get flat spots the size of texas. Then the death wobbles scare the crap out of me until they warm up. Once there gone I have had it up to 65 MPH.