Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How far "So" is So-cal?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Blazinaire, May 10, 2002.

1. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

How far \"So\" is So-cal?

I couldn't find another person to wheel with if my life depended on it! I am in Santa Maria (northern santa barbara county) and wanted to know if there were any K5'ers near me who could help with future projects etc. Or if anyone wants to wheel at Pismo with me, just send me an e-mail!

2. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Re: How far \"So\" is So-cal?

The SoCal guys are as far south as San Diego and as far north as Hesperia. You might be a little closer to the NorCal guys. Can you make it to Blazer Fest? You can meet up with our convoy and follow us up to Hollister Hills. The NorCal guys will be there too. We have gone to Gorman too. I've only been to Pismo once. I got bored and went home after I circled the off road part. If you don't mind driving the distance you're always welcome to come out with us.

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Hesperia? Geeesh I would think that So. Cal. would go at least as far as Half Way up the state. LA is farther north than Hesperia...

4. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

IF memory seves me correct so cal is from fresno south it just is typical for all to think of socal as la and sd

5. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

I think I'm as far north as anyone. I'm just north of Burbank. Takes me 1 1/2 hours to get to Hope Ranch in Santa Barbara.

6. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

IM im in El Centro super so cal ?? Arq is also ...

7. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i'm moving to santa barbara in july and will be there at least 3 years, after i move there, i'd be glad to have a wheelin buddy!!! i will live near SBCC. Get ahold of me of you will be close to me!

8. Re: How far \"So\" is So-cal?

i go to pismo all the time!!! love it there, i dont got a k5 but i bet ill keep up /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

9. Blazinaire

Did you shear a spindle out there last year? I remeber a SFA 2-door tahoe that launched off a dune and off came the front right wheel, was that you? Your webshots wouldn't come up so I can't tell what yours looks like.

10. Re: How far \"So\" is So-cal?

nope not me, im a 4 door tahoe, i fixed the link, there were to http's in there so itll work now.

11. Blazinaire

Yet again the school bus shows its ugly face lol! So are you guys gonna be at Pismo this weekend or what? Some mag or tv show is shootin' out there all this weekend. It is already packed down.

12. Re: How far \"So\" is So-cal?

have u ever seen us down there with the bus??? we always bring it, lol but i was suposed to go to pismo this weekend but my stupid teachers gave me two projects due tuesday so i gotta spend my time on those. but fathers day weekend im gonna be at pismo with alot of friends.