Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how fast will I be going

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by robert26, Apr 24, 2005.

1. robert26

robert26 Newbie

I am swapping a 241 for a 208, and I need to know if there is anything that I can do to hook up the speed sensor to the 208. Oh yeah, it's a '94 suburban with a 4L80 tranny. I also would like to know if this will affect the shifting of the tranny.

2. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Why the hell would you swap out a 241 for a 208.

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I agree, why downgrade from a 241 to a 208?

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

my guess is hes doing a SAS on a newer body truck using a chevy or dodge axle. and a 208 is easy to find.

your best bet would be to find a np241 from a 90-91 blazer or burb to get the VSS back.

5. robert26

robert26 Newbie

The search continues

I appreciate the information, but it doesn't make me very happy. I thought I was done looking for parts. Oh well, that's just part of it, I guess. You were right, I am doing a SAS on my suburban, but I didn't use leafs like everyone else around me. I went with huge x wide airbags, and three-links front and rear. I have built a bunch of hot-rods and race-cars, but man these 4x's are alot more work. But anyway, enough crying, I appreciate it again.

6. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

you may wanna check some junkyards for a 2wd 700r4 with a VSS, probably 90 on up. they were gear driven (just like the your 208) but have the plug in for the VSS. they should fit the 208, you may have to change to gear to get it right.

i totally forgot about GM using the gear driven VSS. i know on some of the 700r4s, they didn't use the gear driven VSS. the easy way to tell is the gear driven has a big hole the same size as the one in your 208, the non gear driven ones have a small hole, maybe half the size or a little bigger.

7. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

That 700R4 VSS is good to know about. Otherwise, you might be able to get some kind of signal generator from an engine conversion company but that's all I know about.