Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how good do subs in.....

Discussion in 'Audio' started by anatomiczero, Oct 4, 2001.

1. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

How good would subs installed in the sidepanels without a box sound? Will I need to build a box in the side panel for it to sound good?

----------------------------------
    soon to have a blazer/jimmy

2. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

it isn't as much about sound as it is about having the correct enclosure size... there are programs that can help with this, and I am sure that a box could be built into the sides that would accomplish this.

however, I wouldn't just do it without finding out / purchasing subs for your specific application. I think you can get subs that don't require a box. I'd get a crutchfield catalog, and although I don't buy from them (prices WAY to high) they have great info in thier catalogs that would basically teach you all this / give you the various option.

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

3. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

Cool, I have 1 more question (i think) How hard is it to install amps? Do you ground it to the body (where), then hook up the positive to the fuse box, battery? Thanks for the help.

----------------------------------
    soon to have a blazer/jimmy

4. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

amps really aren't that hard as long as you can follow instructions... LOL

you will run a lead from the battery (make sure you have a fuse block), and make sure you do not run it together with your audio cables. run the power on one side of the vehicle, and the audio cables on the other side.

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>