Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How good is Jesse's shaft?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by divorced, Feb 3, 2005.

1. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

...rear CV driveshaft that is! Who has one of Jesse's rear CV driveshafts on a daily driver (ie - not trail only rig)? How many miles do you have on one? How long can I expect one to last? Are they greasable? I am really scared of the long term dependability of a CV shaft, that's why I don't have any CV's on my K20. Any opinions welcome...

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i dont know... what I do know is that when I lay my entire rigs 6000 pounds on one of my HAD shafts, it sucks it up... do the same with a stock shaft and compare the durability then. :grin:

j

3. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Buddy of mine has a newer style S-10 blazer on 46" Claws, 5.13's dreoit, 14BFF/D60 and he has about 10k miles on one of jesses High Angle CV's with 1410's. Just as tight today as it was when it was brand new.

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

if anything, a CV should give you more life than a non CV- Yes, there are more moving parts, and more points of failure, but if built right (like HAD shafts), it is acutally more life because the needle bearings dont have to do as much work. I think he can build them to spec for you on greasable or not. I personally prefer greasable. Just a quick squirt every other oil change and your golden.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

All of mine in the rear are non-greasable. My front 42* CV has a fitting on every cap and on the front pinion, another non-greasable 1410.

Jesse will build your shafts however you want.

6. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Thanks guys, I will call Jesse when I need one. Now, time to get to work on a new project...

7. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I got a High Angle 1350 slip yoke CV shaft when I had a 208.When I got my 203/205 combo I sent it back to him to put a flange on it and cut it down so I could use it again :D

Jess does good work :D

8. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Thats another cool thing about Jesse, he will modify yer existing shaft to fit yer applicaiton if you modify yer suspension or drivetrain or whatnot, alot of places will tell you to get a new one.