Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How good of a deal is this?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mountainexplorer, Apr 5, 2002.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

It's a '77 1 ton 4x4 Crew Cab. Dana 60 front, 14 bolt rear, 4.56 gears, 454 with an RV cam, Edelbrock intake/carb, 60-70,000 miles on the motor, brand new TH400 tranny, 203 T-case with part time kit, 33" tires, chrome wheels, fair body/straight, (little rust). Only problem is that it sounds like the flexplate is cracked (the guy thinks its the tranny itself). Advertised in the local paper for $2000. Should I jump on it?

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

It's worth more than the asking price just for the axles and tranny. Never mind what the 454 is worth...

I'd offer him $1600 and try and keep a straight face./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Rene

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I'd offer him $1600 and try and keep a straight face

<hr></blockquote>
    i dont think i could keep my face straight lol

4. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I went borrowed the money and picked it up last night. I didn't even try to offer less, since just before I showed up with the money, a guy was there ready to buy it. Drove it home fine. Looked under it this morning...all thats wrong is a cracked flexplate. I'm just going to pull the 454 and Dana 60, and put a 350 and a 44 under it, then re-sell it for $2500.

5. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

LMAO, i hope someday i can be as lucky as you were, you just got hooked up, Congrats,