Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How hard is it to find a 205 adapter?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Skyetone, Apr 14, 2002.

1. Skyetone

Skyetone 1/2 ton status

I'm going to the J-yard and getting a t350 and I was thinking a 205. I know the owner so it's like a buddie thing for parts warentee.... I was thinking that my new 70 blazer has a 203 and I would like to at least be able to not have the front shaft spin. But some guys said it's hard to find a t350 and a 205 together? I also heard here that I would have to play with drivelines?? If so I can call highangle and say hi to jessy again....

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

To answer your question the law of averages are against you.
    Not saying you won't get lucky and find one immediately, but....

350/np205 were not as common on 73-87 combos. Some years had that combo as an option/upgrade and 1980 had them on all 350 tranny's. From what I have been told the First gen Blazers and pickups had that combo more frequently.

I know when I looked for one they were pretty much non-existent around here, so I had to go through the dealer. It was just under $200 and that was with my discount. It listed at $300+ and was sold to the average Joe for about $270.

3. Skyetone

Skyetone 1/2 ton status

so if I found an 80 it would probably have it? I am getting more sure that the case i have is a 205. I have heard that the cases have differrent patters to hook it to the trans. ther is a four bolt square pattern or a kinda rounded one? I need to find time to tear out the trans and case and look.