Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How hard is it to find a 3rd seat?

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by IGOR, Nov 19, 2002.

1. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My bro-in-law is looking at a Sub that is missing the 3rd seat - is this something that would be easy to find?

I assume it would bolt right in?

He has 4 kids, so he needs the extra seat...

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

The older subs while be somewhat hard to find with a 3rd seat (these bolt in), the newer (late 80's to now) subs should be easier to find with a 3rd seat(these i think slide and lock in like a mini van).

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Ben, read my post below about the 3rd seat as an option. I am now in the market for a /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif as the K5 is sold............same reason as your bro in law..........space! What I was told was if the Burb did not come from the factory with the 3rd seat it will not have the mounting provisions, but you could still add it............maybe not as easily if it is a 'flip and fold' but anything can be done - heck, you're an engineer, you can do anything!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4. FlagBurb

FlagBurb Registered Member

I have an extra third seat out of my '77 sub. If you want some more info just PM me. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif