Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how hard is it to replace body mounts?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 86badass, Apr 14, 2002.

1. 86badass

86badass Registered Member

hi there,

my 2 rear body mounts are shot on the drivers side.

i have a shop ready to do t he work and the mounts are paid for, how long will this take?

2. 86badass

86badass Registered Member

anybody

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

I just had all the body mounts replaced on my 76, cost like $300-400. Don't recall exactly how much as I had other stuff done at the same time. But the shop guys said it takes a while to do, like a day, for all of them.

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

It took about 5 hours (to install bushings,and body lift). Had alot of help. The hardest part is getting the old bolts out. I was quoted $425 from 4 wheel parts if they did the work.

5. I replaced all the body mounts on my Suburban, something like 24 of them. It takes a while, but its not real hard. You just have to loosen all the bolts on one side then remove the other. After that jack the body up off of the frame and replace.

6. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

It is very simple. The only "hard" part is the actual elbow grease you have to apply. Is doing it yourself a possibility? You'll save at least 300-400 bucks I imagine. Be sure to also replace the bolts and if you will ever consider a body lift, now is the time to do it.

7. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

Suburbans don't have 24 body mounts. They have 12. This is a simple project. Loosen all body bolts, jack driver side of body up and replace mounts, then do same for passenger side. Tighten bolts up and your done. I don't see how it could take longer than 3-4 hours.

8. 12x2= 24. Are there not 2 at the same point in some areas?

9. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

I thought you meant 24 separate locations.