Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How is Echobits products?? Is there a cheap bombproof bumper??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84CUCV, Sep 20, 2002.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I am just wondering they are. I never heard of them till a few days ago. They have a few things I want. I would like bumpers that are not going to bend and have a way to mount my warn. If there was one that had cut outs for the shackles on my CUCV that would be great. Anyone use there bumper as a air tank? Thanks Mike

2. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

The last bumper I sent to the east coast cost $175 in shipping through Yellow Freight, door to door. It would be worth your while to look around locally for a reputable fab shop before buying from the opposite coast. Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to build one for you, just looking to save you a buck or two.

Strength is only as much an issue as the limitations put on the overall design. An example would be in the desert racing scene where you wouldn't make the bumper stronger than the frame or you would risk frame damage in a collision. It's less expensive to replace a bumper than a frame. Impacts in rock crawling allow for a more rigid bumper design since impacts of 6000 lbs at 15 mph have substantially less leverging force than 3000 lbs at 60 mph as the desert crew sees.

I've seen a few people using their tube bumpers as air tanks, but they don't hold much, better off with a good compressor.

3. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

OK...Thanks Mike