Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How is the TH350 ('81 lockup version) L/H sensor removed?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Zebra, Dec 1, 2002.

1. Zebra

Zebra Registered Member

How is the TH350 (\'81 lockup version) L/H sensor removed?

There is a leak I need to address that is coming from a vertically mounted sensor on the left side, above the pan. How is this sensor removed? It has no apparent retaining mechanism, so I assume it is simply pressed in, but it certainly won't pull out easily. Thanks for any help.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Re: How is the TH350 (\'81 lockup version) R/H sensor removed?

Sensor? Dunno if the 350C's had sensors, except earlier ones that had the spark timing stuff on them.

right side? As in passenger? Converter clutch solenoid wiring should be on the drivers side, is that what you are talking about?

3. Zebra

Zebra Registered Member

Re: How is the TH350 (\'81 lockup version) L/H sensor removed?

I meant the L/H, driver side. My mistake. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Re: How is the TH350 (\'81 lockup version) L/H sensor removed?

In that case, the plug/connector is probably retained from the inside like the later trannies.

If I'm right, you'll need to pull the pan, and depress the locking clip (it just hooks over the tranny case lip on the inside when its fully pushed into the case) and then pull it out. The seal is a no-brainer to change, but its getting the plug out in the first place thats difficult.

The case is typically razor sharp on most internal edges, and there also typically isn't a lot of room to work. Hopefully if the TH350C uses the same TCC retention method, the clearance to get to it on the inside isn't an issue, but I can see with it being an afterthought on the TH350, it might be hard to access with other internal components in place. Probably not, but I've no personal experience with the 350C.