Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How is your exhaust routed????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fad2blk99, Feb 18, 2004.

1. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

I'm getting some headers but I'm unsure of how I want to run my exhaust... I want 4-into-1 long tube headers like I had on a previous Blazer, but you either have to run straight duals or make your Y or X pipe after the t-case… As I understand it, you need to mount your balance pipe (in my case a Y pipe) as soon after the collector as possible; mounting behind the t-case (correct me if I’m wrong) seems a little too late in the exhaust flow to take advantage of the increase in low-end torque a balance pipe should give you. My other option would be to go w/ an intermediate length header and run a stock style Y pipe…..
    I’d like to get your thoughts on this and see how some of ya’ll have run your exhaust.
    Thanks!

2. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Here's mine..
    Hedman Headers..
    2 1/2" Duals w/50 series Flowmasters...

[​IMG]

3. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

Nice work... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I might go that way if its too much trouble to go the way I have in mind now. I'm trying to go 2.5" from the collectors to a single 3" Y pipe to a single 3' in dual 2.5" out 50 series flowmaster.

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hooker comp headers, dual 2.5" pipe, 40 series flowmasters, 5" tips.
    [​IMG]

5. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

My exhaust goes from collectors with 2.5" pipe to a 3"Y to high flow 3" cat to 3" glass pack then 3" out the back.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. RiceDaddy

RiceDaddy Registered Member

I don't have pics right now, but my exhaust looks identical to JK5's. I'm running Dynomax long-tubes with 2.25" duals back to 40 series Flowmasters. My crossover is right where JK5's is. I did have to drop the crossover just a little bit after the 6" lift to give plenty of clearance for the rear driveshaft. Everything still tucks up pretty nice under the truck. I think having the crossover pipe up closer to the header collectors would be better, but I just couldn't see how to route it so I did it this way.