Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How is your K5 or Jimmy treat'n ya??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Oct 20, 2000.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

How is your K5 or Jimmy treat\'n ya??

Since I don't have mine anymore and everytime I see a lifted Blazer, I think about how bad I wish I had mine. Anyway, I'm just curious how your trucks are doing. Later guys.

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

2. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Re: How is your K5 or Jimmy treat\'n ya??

Not worth a damn. Blew the 10 bolt out the other night and I'm still trying to find a new one. Other than that, she's fine.

Kyle
    89K5

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

AWSOME[​IMG] Totaly AWSOME[​IMG]
    You have K5 blood and you will NEVER be the same until you get another K5!![​IMG]
    Stop fighting it!!! Start saving money where ever you can and even if it take you two years to get another K5, JUST DOIT MAN!!! 5bucks here 20 bucks there!!!!!!!!

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com

4. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

My K5 is a Piece of you know what. It was doing good up till a couple days ago I shorted a wire in there and I guess it fried everything up including the air hoses that controls my RS9000s shocks. I have to get new hoses now or my shocks will be sitting on softest for a while. Anyway, Yesterday I took the day off from work and I went through everything and replaced all the wires (well, a good amount) and she fired right up. Then today, this morning she is dead again. I tried to jump start her, but she still won't turn. Nothing works. I broke down and got her towed to a shop and we'll see I guess. DAMN! Sorry dude, you asked for it.
    Boss
    http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

[​IMG]

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Hey Boss, It's cuz you keep calling your rig a girl!
    Wouldn't you stop working if you being called a girl all the time??[​IMG]
    Duno about your rig but my rig is way to Freekin tuff to some damn chick (no affence ment ladies).
    Try to start refering to your rig as a bad a$$ machine filled with testosterone and mabie it will start running better for ya[​IMG]!!
    Ok gonna go get more Coffee.......

6. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Hey Burt,
    My Girl(rig) is the meanest girl I've ever known![​IMG]. She is a total Tomboy and is the toughest and ugliest and most stubborn girl there is[​IMG]! If she was a dude, I wouldn't know what to do, she'll just be too mean[​IMG]
    Maybe I need some coffee[​IMG]
    Boss
    http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

[​IMG]

7. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

LOL[​IMG] OK Boss your off the hook!! Just maken sure your not gettin soft on us[​IMG]!!
    Later

8. BigJim85

BigJim85 1/2 ton status

Aside from my sick 305 making angry noises at me, and the ocasional clunk from somewere in the back, pretty good. Wish the 305 would die already, so I can get a new 350.

"I can get us outta this, just gonna take a whole lotta floorin'!"

9. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Well, I rotated my tires last week and found that my left front brake caliper is seizing. Went and got a cheap aftermarket one for $15 but couldn't get myself to install it. It was such a cheap casting I just couldn't do it. One of the ears was even leaning a few degrees. It would bolt up, but had about twice the play that my stock one did. Took it back and got my money back. Started talking to some guys at work and now I think it's probably my rubber brake hose. Someone posted something to that effect earlier and now I believe. Ordered some ProComp stainless brake line from SummitRacing.com for $96 including shipping. Should be here in time to put them on next week. I think I need a carb kit too, but that's going to wait since I don't have a shop and carbs have too many small pieces that would roll off my tailgate.

Cruisin in my '73.

10. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Trucks are Girls !!! All mine always were...
    And Rockosangel says in every language trucks are female distinctive.. She's the college grad..I believe her..
    Even her Jimmy is a "SHE".
    Tough little beeyotch !!!!!! Both of them..

It's better to have it and not need it. Than to need it and not have it !

11. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I know you really feel left out, and I can't imagine the pain and suffering you are going through. How about sending me some gas money and we will go run in the mud for you. Hope you get another one soon.

12. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Since we are all moning and groning, I just started started a brake job on the front and found out that my damn spindles are shot due to some dumbass not replacing a $5.00 spindle nut, oh yeah, on both sides. Now this shoulda been $30 brakes job is turning into 3 or $400 depending on the locating of some replacements. Dealer wants $200 each. :(

Don't you buy no ugly truck!

13. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

She's a money hungry, dirty little bitch.....but I love her anyways!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blaze- 350/350/203, 14B w/detroit, D44, 4.11s, 4" susp, 36" TSL

14. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Thursday I got the stock 44 out and got the 77 8-lug 44 in place. It was an easy job, the only hard part was we had to bend the u-bolts a little. The later axles have larger tubes, aparently. I'm pulling the 12 bolt tonight, and hopefully I will get the 14 in place. The rear will be a pain in the @$$ since I have to re-weld the shock mounts. I decided against the conversion u-joint because I have an SM465, NP305, and a 14ff. the conversion u-joint would be the only weak point. I got the 1350 output yoke for the 205. When I get it all in, I have to measure it and give the numbers to the driveshaft shop. I need a new rear shaft anyway. Oh yeah, I got the 36" TSL radials mounted on the 15x10 blackspokes, and I put them on the frontend and it looks much better! I have a bit of trimming to do, but otherwise they fit fine with my 4" lift since the 1st gen K5s have larger fenderwells.</font color=blue>

15. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>I just ordered new tires and rims for the beast today. The old chrome/rust spoke type rims have got to go, although they will stay on for the winter months and if I want to go serious mudding, that way my new ones will stay new looking. I got the 35" Pro Comp Mud Terrains and 15x10 Eagle 589's, I went all out and got a set of 5 so I can have a spare too. They should be here around the 30th, I can't wait !! I figured the thing deserved it since it has been out of commission for the last year or so to get an engine replaced, this way it can start rolling proudly with a new powerplant and tires and rims. I'll post pics when I get it all done, I'll be installing new double steering stabilizers next week too. Then I'll send it in to Steve for the featured truck section. Don't get down, you always have freinds and support here !!</font color=purple>

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

16. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

I meant to say Photo Gallery.

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

17. archer

archer 1/2 ton status

I work on my K5 every day. Yesterday it was valve cover gaskets, the day before rear output shaft seal and today I'm repairing a hole in a pulse-air tube that makes my 305 go "putt-putt-putt". I still love it though. I know someday my bloody knuckles and depleted checking account will pay off. I will have 4" of lift, at least 33" tires, dana 60's front and rear, cieling mounted tactical shotgun rack, and gobs of other goodies. Right now it runs and looks like a top. So I can't complain, I'll just keep working.....................Hand me a 3\8ths drive with a 9\16ths deep please.

"who dares wins"

18. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Not bad, better than my buddy's Bronco (we just hydrolocked the engine today[​IMG]), but I wish I would wake up tomorrow and there was a Dana 44 under the front instead of that POS IFS.[​IMG]

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's[​IMG]

19. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ya really wanna know? Ok...
    After taking my Diesel to a shop to get it fixed, they UNfixed it by mushrooming ALL glow plugs INSIDE the engine!!
    Other than having to remove them its running like a bat out of hell!! I went and got a fresh tank of diesel..oh for all you Diesels out there and not to piss ya off...25+ MPG!! Not as much smoke (darn it, I love tailgaters!) and it runs alot better!! The body is a dust bucket...what can ya say about that? I was wondering if I should name my Blazer "TANK"? When I hear "What's that thing?" I reply "It's an overgrown tank?" or I reply to some female in a Jeep "Wanna go topless tomorrow?" and get slapped!!
    Nuf rambling!!

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    http://SK-15.coloradok5.com