Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How lame would this be??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hawkeye649, Nov 20, 2004.

1. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

I own the following two vehicles;
    1985 Chevrolet K5 (rust bucket)
    1990 GMC F/S Jimmy V1500 (pretty nice)

I really miss my K5, because it was just that... a K5. When I say K5 - people know what I mean. There isn't a sub-size K5, there is K5 or not a K5. Yes there are mini blazers, but I like to say K5....
    Jimmy. You own a S15 Jimmy? No you worthless tit whom deserves to die, I drive FULL SIZED!!
    Then, Chevy is a pretty cool slang term for Chevrolet. But Jimmy is pretty cool for GMC, except when you drive a Jimmy. Yes I own a 1990 Jimmy F/S Jimmy......

How lame would it be, to rebadge my jimmy?? Anyone have a 1990 K5 that wants to be a 1990 GMC because they build better trucks?? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

im building up my 86 chevy k5 right now. i added a 89 front grille that is a gmc, and i took all the molding off, but am replacing the rear one with a brand new oem gmc one that i won off of ebay!!

i like the look better, plus you cant tell!!!

3. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

I think having the GMC is cooler since there seem to be fewer of them around (here). I drive a '91 Jimmy, but I still call it a K5, since it is. Being an ex-Ford man I still can't admit to driving a Chevy, so GMC fits the bill perfectly!