Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How late do you work on your truck?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by outsider223, Jul 26, 2005.

1. outsider223

outsider223 1/2 ton status

Like the title says, how late do you work on your truck at night? I recently moved to my new place. Its pretty quiet here at night, and I don't want to piss the neighbors off. I don't see too much action on our street after nine. But its way too hot in the garage to keep the doors shut, and I have to work on the truck sometime. I can only imagine how loud a grinder or air tools can be while you are trying to sleep.

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Work untill the cops show up :wink1:

3. blazerpro79

blazerpro79 1/2 ton status

out here the sound laws say 10pm... i dont get to take mine in the garage bc my dads hot rods are in there, but sometimes in the driveway i work til 10 no problem, if people complain i dont care..

4. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I don't have neighbors so I can work as late as I please :D

5. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

I work til whenever I want. It's 10:30 PM now and I'm grinding to fit some 15" wheels.

Tim is here. He hooked me up with his old 38.5 TSLs for my rig.

He says hi everyone...

6. wy4tt

wy4tt 1/2 ton status

1am is common for me. I don't use a grinder, air tools, etc. that late though. Well, not usually. :D

7. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

9pm to 9am is quiet time. 9am to 9pm is no holds barred noise time. On Friday and Saturday night I'll push it to 10pm if I'm working on something. I have my stereo going all day, am welding and grinding and torching and beating on **** all day, and tune engines all day without a peep out of the neigbhors. But, that's because I don't make noise at night. If I'm making a lot of racket (like using big hammers and torch to cut up a truck or pounding rivits out of frames) they'll wonder what I'm doing but that's about it.

8. primetime

primetime Registered Member

the lates i worked out side w/ grinders & welder was 4am.
    we were gettine ready for the truck nationals in tx.
    took a shower packed & loaded the trailer at 5am. no problems w/ my the old
    man nextstore.

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

been in the garage, pounding, cutting, welding on my old K5 at 2am. Heck many times when I couldn't sleep I'd head to the garage. Neighbors house is far enough from the barn that it doesn't matter, and I could do it all in the barn so it barely matters. Worst we've done was breaking in the cam on my dad's Circle track car at about 10PM.... open header....

New house we are building, guy next door has a garage full of meticulouslly built drag cars, doubt he'll give us any trouble.

10. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

My buddies garage is where most of the work on everyone's rigs takes place, but they just built an old age retirement home right next door. We use to work all around the clock and wheel our rigs in the field where the home now sits. :(

11. 454k30

454k30 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Late? I work till early!

Back in WA I worked nights so I didnt even start wrenching until 2am sometimes. Besides the sound of busting knuckles, me swearing, and the replay of that days ball-game on the am radio I stayed quiet until about 0600 at which time everyone went to work. Then grinders and air tools were the name of the game. Now down here in socal where the entire summer is 100+ degrees everyday I have to wait for the sun to set before I can work. I dont think the neighbors here mind though as the little ricers on this street seem to keep people up most nights!

12. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

I want to go down my road ripping the ricers fartcan mufflers off and weld them together to make a tin man and stand it in my front yard as a trophy. :D They sound like a dying cow going down the road.

13. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i worked till 5 am a few times trying to get done before a weekend of wheeling. if the garage is full (like it is most of the time) then i have to work in the driveway. got my big 500 watt halogins shining on me. no one ever says anything to me. we just can run air tools after 9pm....for too long :haha: (mud covered lugs and ubolts are a PITA with out airtools)
    i live right in town also.

14. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

bah i live in the suburbs and work in my driveway, so i usually quit the noisy stuff at around 9ish on the weeknights or midnight on the weekends.

15. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

No loud noise after 10 . But if I need the truck the next day , or I am determined , I won't quit until I am done or my wife makes me come inside ;)

16. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

It depends if I need it to go to work the next day or not. If I have to use it the next day I work until I'm done. If I don't need to use it in the morning then I'll stop the noise at 10 pm

17. HillJackCustoms

HillJackCustoms Registered Member

Ahh my shop work till whenever... We have amish neighbors so they can't call the cops.. They only ask for us not to work on Sundays, which im down with that Nascar being on and stuff... Being out in the country is sweet. Got my race car, and my k5 which i need a body for... So if any of you guys know of a body i can buy give me an email at DJwallace03@aol.com.. In the midwest region i might drive to georgia or down towards florida... Thanks

18. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

i work whenever i want, my neighbors never complain, and i live in the suburbs. i will have a few friends over working on stuff with the welder, tourch, grinder, air tools, radio, garage door wide open, fans goin, everyone talkin loud, and not a peep from the neighbors. then when its time for all my friends to leave, around 4 or 5am on a regular basis, there is the sound of chevy small blocks, and burnouts down the street. come to think of it, i wonder why they dont copmplain, i never really even thought about it being a problem, my neigbors house is cloder to my garage then my house, my parents dont even say anyhting. sometimes if i see my neigbors durning the day, they will ask what i was werkin on all night. but nothings goes on in the garage untill about 10 pm, because of everyones conflicting werk scheduals. i think im gunna go apologize to my neigbors...

19. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

enought to get 45 min of sleep then go wheel the next day :thumb:

20. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i was up all night last night trying to get my engine (with only headers :D ) firing and ended up succeeding at about 4:30- 5 am. we started it a couple of times. my neighbors love me :D