Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How long before ARB reseal?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ryan B., Oct 27, 2002.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

So how long can ya run an ARB air locker before you need to put new seals in it?
    I'm thinking about getting one.
    Any testimonials? How long have ya been running an ARB for?

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Well, I installed the seals on my ARB last night, and they're still going strong! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Actually, I don't see why they would wear out anytime soon, they look like pretty strong material, and they're going to stay pretty well lubed. I'd be interested to find out the answer to this too though.</font color>

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I talked with a Rep from ARB at a car show they where at and the Rep told me that the seals usually need changing about once a year. Why would I install something that I have to tear apart once a year to reseal when I can buy and install a detroit and NEVER touch it again. Besides that, ARB is expensive by the time you also buy the compressor unless you already have OBA. In my opinion there are too many things that could potentially go wrong, and they usually do go wrong at the wrong time IE: when really neeeded the most. No thanks, I will stick with a detroit.

4. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

I've had mine on for four years and haven't had a leak yet. The sales rep was covering their collective butts.

5. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

I have ARBs F&amp;R for the last five years. I got the axles used.

ARB recommends changing the oil every year. Apparently water is their worst enemy.

Reminds me, I need to change the oil in these - I haven't done it since I got them!

OH yeah - No leaks. I only get leaks when the lines themselves break. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I have since converted to brass lines until I need the flex line at the axle.