Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How long can you go without A/C?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BlazerGuy, May 25, 2004.

1. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Today is two weeks sans a/c for me. It's starting to get hot too. I don't really mind it that much because my broke ass can barely afford the energy bill as it is, so not having the a/c is actually a good thing. It's about 88 degrees in my apartment right now....how long have you gone?(and you people in the North don't count! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Havent had Working AC in any house or vehicle of mine my entire life. Er, wait, did have one 1972 Plymouth Gran Fury with working AC but only had that car thru one Fall and Winter so it doesnt count... Anyway, never saw the need for AC as long as I can keep some air moving. I grew up in the midwest where it gets hot and humid and now live in a desert where it gets hotter. But I dont have much natural insulation on me so I dont do so well in the cold /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

ive gone almost 21 years with out AC. never lived at a place that had it or a vechicle that had it. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i havent had it in...errrr...3 years? something like that. Compressor blew up and I just yanked it and the condensor and stuff and called it good.

j

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I've never had it in a car. The heat isn't bad, it's the humidity that's the real kick in the nuts... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

we have central air , 3700 square feet of ice cube if I want it.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifThe shops a different story though.... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

7. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I LOVE my A/C here in Cali. About 4 days ago one of my lines cracked and I lost all my freeon, I refused to drive it again until today when I put the new lines on and got it recharged. I can't STAND to have the winders down, boggers are loud and I'm a cave dweller(tinted windows). /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh, and did I mention it gets hot here in Cali? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

We still have a heater in my house for the mornings /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Someone mentioned shops were a different story, my shop in the summer, even if it is 30 degrees CELSIUS (not F) the shop will feel like the air conditioner is on full blast. It's that cold, almost pants and a shirt cold. It doesn't have anything to cool it down. No fans, no A/C, just a woodstove for the winter. It's weird

9. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, and did I mention it gets hot here in Cali? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What! try hanging with us for 1 summer here in AZ, We'll show ya hot. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

2 years and counting

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've gotta have centreal Air !!!! I get so hot that it feels like I'm going to puke. I've got it going in the house right now infact. Try to keep it set for 65 degrees.

12. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

It is impossible for me to survive without A/C.

13. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

my answer is a 2 part one, I can't live without it, yet I do... We have central air, but the design of our house or something my room doesn't feel the effects. So its presently almost 90 degrees in my room. I am getting a window A/C unit soon. I have a lot of trouble sleeping if it is hot. In vehicles I could care less. I only use it when its humid or raining, in the truck.

14. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What! try hanging with us for 1 summer here in AZ, We'll show ya hot. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    I've been to AZ, you guys have a dry heat, hot, but at least it's dry air. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i lived in yuma az for almost 3 years. i used the ac in a vehicle i was driving 3 times that i can count. once was with the sick at the time soon to be ex wife, and 2 other times for the dog.

i dont use the ac. i kept my house at 85 in the summer and whatever it stayed at in the winter.
    grant

16. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

Without A/C in the house, I've gone most of my life (32 years). Except for 3 years when I lived in an apartment. And I hardly ever used it, unless it was above 90 at night.

A/C in a car, I can't stand to be without, unless I'm in the Blazer, then I'm just having too much fun to care how hot it is.

17. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

Never had AC in the house but the car my husband is a pansy and can't live without his AC. Every vehicle I have had to drive daily has never had AC or its since been yanked out, its both windows down or the K5's top off and we are cruisin free /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif We only have 2 months of overly hot for me to deal with then its back to raining again.

18. camok10

camok10 1/2 ton status

Here in Tucson, I have gone the last 4 years with no AC. I dont know what i would do with it. be cool in the car i guess, but thats such a forgein thought to me. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

19. camok10

camok10 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    I've been to AZ, you guys have a dry heat, hot, but at least it's dry air. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

YEA??? well you cook a turkey in "dry heat". its damn hot in AZ!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

20. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

5 maybe.... 6 minutes. I can look outside when its hot and start sweating. As a matter of fact its starting to get hot in here. Need to turn it down more, to like 65* /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

John