Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How long do i make my rear links for a 3 link

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dr_moneypit, Aug 14, 2004.

1. dr_moneypit

dr_moneypit Registered Member

i need how long my links need to to for a 3 link suspension /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I'm sure most folks here will tell you it will be different for just about every vehicle. There are alot of variables to be figured in. So, its just not as simple as saying they need to be this long for this vehicle.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm about to guess you need more than just to know how long to make your links boss.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

how to make your tubes is simple, cut tubing, put in some tubing adaptors for your heim ends and weld the adaptors in. As for link length, it can really depend on where you can locate the links, you don't want short links, but really long ones will just get in the way. As for anything else, I'd say you should read up quite a bit on 4 links, and offroad suspension before you dive right into the project. http://www.akfabshop.com/alaskaoffroad/rear_suspension.htm
    there is a very basic writeup on a rear 4 link. Also I'd forget what rjfguitar said in the other post. Wishbone upper link is fine for street use but not great for offroading. Much better solutions out there.

5. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Also I'd forget what rjfguitar said in the other post. Wishbone upper link is fine for street use but not great for offroading. Much better solutions out there.

[/ QUOTE ]
    If properly designed the wishbone works great! Here is an example.
    [​IMG]