Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How long does it take to qualify for a credit card through an online app?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Robert79K5, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Robert79K5

Robert79K5 1/2 ton status

Can anyone who has applied for a credit card with a store online tell me how long it was before they got back to you with your acceptance and account number?

I am going out of town next week for work for the entire week and I am thinking it is time to buy a new laptop. I paid off and cancelled all my credit cards a couple of years ago and I want to apply for a Best Buy card and put the laptop on it.

I used to have an office depot card and I remember just walking into the store, filling out an application and instantly having an account after they checked my credit. Is it the same way when you apply online? Will I get a confirmation this afternoon if I apply today?

Im asking because I only have a narrow window of oppertunity to get to the store and buy this thing before going out of town monday and if I cant get approved in time I will have to go to the bank and pull the money out of my savings and buy it outright.

Thanks in advance guy/gals :crazy:

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Takes about 5 minutes. Instant approval.

3. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Not all of them. I'm working through address verification and stuff a week or 1.5 weeks later....

4. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

Store credit cards are a bad deal. They tend to have much higher interest rates that normal cards. Best Buy and Sears were two of the worst I ever had (and closed). Check Dell, they do credit online and were not too bad.