Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How long does POR 15 take to dry?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chris Demartini, Dec 22, 2001.

1. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>If I paint my bumper tonight, will it be dry enough to go wheelin tomorow?

2. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

It should be depending on the humidity(read instructions) Also you will want to cover the por15 painted surface with an extra coat or 2 of your favourite color of rust paint. Por15 is UV sensitive and will turn an off colour when exposed to sunlight.
    Shawnboy.

<font color=red>If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.</font color=red>

3. Chris Demartini

<font color=blue>Yeah, thats what the guy told me when I went to the main office a few weeks ago to get it. I got some high-gloss Rustoleum to cover it with when I'm done. It'll be painted in a heated shop and its pretty dry out now

4. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I'd say yeah it will be dry enough. Drying overnight should be fine.
    -- Mike

<font color=blue> Married to a woman who understands the need for <font color=orange>Hugger Orange. [​IMG] <font color=blue>

5. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    Overnight should be fine with POR. That stuff dries fast... and since your in a heated garage weather won't be a big factor.

6. Chris Demartini

<font color=blue>Thanks guys. Couldnt do it tonight, so it looks like I will be painting tomorow instead of wheeling. Oh well, theres always next weekend [​IMG]