Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How long would you wait on a vendor?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TWISTEDJACK, Sep 8, 2006.

1. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I ordered some parts from a vendor 4 weeks ago and still haven't recieved any product. I have tried to pm and call this guy. I have no communication with this guy in 2 weeks. So the question is he has my money won't return any calls or pm's what would you do? BTW this is NOT a vendor on this board I just wanted some un-biased opinions.

2. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Can you easily get the money back?

3. Roland_Jenkins

Roland_Jenkins Registered Member

If you paid by credit / debit card, there is no hurry. You can always do a charge back.

If you paid via Paypal, the time may have all ready passed to file.

To answer your question. Two weeks from the time my card was charged is about as long as I would wait without a good reason.

4. TWISTEDJACK

Paid with paypal. I filed a dispute i guess you have 45 days. I just wanted to see if I was being unreasonable. Two other guys have been waiting 2 months.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

kick his a$$ sea bass. :angry1:

6. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

It seems to be an unfortunately common problem.

I guess it all depends on what kind of finish date was promised or advertised. Is it a "fab from scratch" part or a pre-fab ready to ship? Did you check their lead time before making your purchase?

7. TWISTEDJACK

These are prefab ready to ship. I was told he had them in stock and no these dont require much time on the CNC plasma.

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

If they were "ready to ship" I'm bitching in about a week.

The vendors that I have dealt with (all from here) gave me a clear idea of when my stuff would be shipped. Kert made me some stuff that was not of the rack and told me when I should expect it. In both types of transactions, the vendors have been spot on.

9. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

communication is key, if for some reason they cannot get the parts out in a timely manner, i NEED to know this, then i supposed, depending on the situation here with me, i could wait, BUT i need to know this from the vendor, usually though, not more than two weeks for me, then i'm starting to get alittle upset.

They need to keep you informed as to what is going on.....

i have bought several items from people on here, if things don't work out as planned for me to pick them up in a timely, i keep in touch with the seller so they are informed as to when i can either pick up the parts, or arrange for shipping,,,,,kinda of alittle different situation, but same business practices.

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

No product showing up for a few weeks is one thing.... an absolute black-out on communication for several weeks is another all together and a sign of bad times. I'd march on with the Paypal complaint/refund system ASAP. If it was a really small shop (like DIY or something) then a weekend or something with no comm could be expected... maybe the guy is on vacation or whatever... but if its weeks and weeks and you get nuttin in response, that crap is way over the line.

j

11. TWISTEDJACK

Thanks guys just wanted to know if I was out of line. One guy on the board knows him and he can get him to answer the phone for him but he wont answer for anyone else:rolleyes: Phone problems BLAH BLAH BLAH the still doesn't explain how that he knows of our complains and problems that he can't get on a computer somewhere and at least sent us a message so we know WTF is going on. I am work threw the dispute process with paypal and see what happens.