Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how many christmas lights do you all have?!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NEOMASTINO2U, Nov 19, 2002.

1. NEOMASTINO2U

NEOMASTINO2U 1/2 ton status

okay its been a while since i posted i have gotten worse and spend alot of time resting.

any way my hubby just finished getting all of our christmas lights and figurenes up in the yard and on the roof, well people think we are like the griswalds off of national lampoons christmas vacation, as our house on the inside is decorated with hundreds of santa and snowmen and reindeer crap all are animated to. so it takes us about 2-3 weeks to get everything up and checked to make sure we aren't going to pop a fuse which this year we seem to be having problems with that but after a few days we finally got that figured out and now everything is set and ready to hit the switch the day after thanksgiving! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif and all the inside stuff will get plugged in too! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif so how many of you go all out on christmas decorations? we have a totall of 10,000 lights and santa and reindeer on the roof and a big lighted merry christmas on the roof and 3 eight foot snowmen and santa and the grinch and a crap load of lighted riendeer and lighted trees! oh and lots of garland and bows! so am i the only one here that goes nuts at christmas?! we have our own candy cane lane here that and i can't figure out why have the city lights are out now?! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kelly

2. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

At last count, I had 18,000 christmas light,A Black Santa Claus, White Santa, 2 Reindeer, 12 candy canes and a HUGE light bill on January 1st. My neighbors hate me because I leave the lights on ALL night long. My house is a "Beacon In The Night" for Santa Claus.

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I use to have 2800 moving x-mas lights and a disco ball in my bedroom ;->
    (I averaged 27degrees difference from the rest of the house)

Now I have 4 computers and a laptop and average 12 degrees diffence /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

4. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

'and a disco ball in my bedroom "
    that is out all year i bet /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

All of it was out year round for about 2.5 years ;->
    Took a over a week to do it. I ran fishing line in a spider web from the walls to the light in the centers then spiraled the lights from there. Here is a pic of the first set of lights. I had more on the walls, on my loft and under my computer desk, around the doors and in the windows. I can't find my other pics though. I have a video on HI8 if my camera worked I could dub it in as an mpeg.
    [​IMG]
    two strands at a time in the sprial I think about 6 strands of the big 250 motion lights in this pic, I had about 9 strands total in the end on the ceiling plus the walls. Bought them after x-mas 95' to use on the house and pops deceided he didn't want them on the house so I put them in my room (pic marked 11/96). I had four power strips and 3 extention cords. It was a true fire hazard ;->
    The lights spun counter clockwise and flashed (had 6 settings). Was truely dizzying but very cool.

6. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Well my house burned down last year so this year I'm lighting up the K5... Don't know how legal it is but what's the worse thing that could happen? Get a ticket from a bah humbug cop on Christmas Eve? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. KAS

KAS 1/2 ton status

how do get your hubby to do all that and put up all those lights!? I have to beg and plead with Tim to take me up to get a frickin tree! Lucky girl.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've got 7 small tree's around my parking. I'm planning on buying a stran of lights for each tree, want the blinking ones for them. I also want the hanging icesickle lights for the house and the deck. So I figure probley 12 strans of lights total (maybe more) will be needed all together. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

9. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I had 4 strads of lights on my truck last year. If you watch my 4x4 video in the one clip where I climb the hill with small tires (and 3.08s front and 4.10 back) you can see the lights on the roll bar.

10. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

None as of yet... I need to find a pic of this house I know the owners of. They go to my old church. They usually use 300,000 lights, but last year went with 400,000 lights... last year won 2nd place in a city wide contest. They decotate the inside too which is equally impressive. How they lost is beyond me... never even saw first place but it must have been awesome to win...

11. NEOMASTINO2U

i guess i am lucky with my hubby, he even went down and bought a new reindeer because one of ours went to the ol' reindeer graveyard finally!LOL! but we have dozens of lighted candy canes and even fake snow on the ground out front and white lights allover the grass, i swear our yard looks like a landing strip, we are afraid one of these days a helicopter or plane is gonna try and land! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif every year we ad more and more we want to be like the really cool houses on like candy cane lane that would be cool! our neighbors love it they always bring there kids by so they can look at the yard and roof and in the windows in the front, thank god we don't sit in our formal living room! we would end up with all kinds of people staring at us! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif i keep looking on the internet for more lights and figures and i found my next one for next year! its a big 5 car train and its 75 ft. long! and over 8 ft. tall! yippee next year just wait and see! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kelly

12. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Sheesh! do we have the entire Griswald family in here! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    I don't have any "Christmas lights" I do however as of last year have some holiday lamps. I haven't quite made it up to the light status. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Mr. Popigeorgeo stopped by and says "forget about it" lol /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. NEOMASTINO2U

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    hi my name is kelly and i have a christmas light problem! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kelly

14. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I don't have too many because I still use the BIG bulbs. Everyone I know use the minatures. I like the big ones because its what we had when I was a kid. I still use a lot of minatures, but I outline everything with the big ones. The only drawback is they use a lot more power. I use 4 seperat circuits, unfortunatly one of them also powers my bathroom outlets. My wife cannot use her hair dryer when the Christmass light are on or it pops the breaker.

15. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I can be seen from space.

16. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Only your fault line is visible. :haha: