Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how many fuel injection types for a 97 v6

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K-5kid, Oct 25, 2005.

1. K-5kid

K-5kid Registered Member

my buddy has a 97 pickup he thought the fuel pump went out but when we checked it it was good we are having trouble with the trouble shooting because the haynes manual we have dosnt show the type of injection he has it isnt the tbi or the sfi is there a diferent type

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

never heard of a different system other then the TBI or SFI. What does it look like?

3. 6.2puller

6.2puller 1/2 ton status

CPI is a form of SFI in theory and it was common in that era. I have a 95 4.3 CPI motor here. Their is a little spider thing down in the intake that injects the fuel to each intake runner. I guess it is one injector with 6 outlets and when it goes the hole thing goes at once.

4. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

There should only be one kind of 4.3L injection in '97. Sometimes called SPFI also. (The S stands for 'sequential')

TBI ran from 87-95. CPI ran from 92-95. SPFI replaced them both, starting in '96.

5. K-5kid

K-5kid Registered Member

well i torn into it and it has the little spidery thing so we are replacing it today