Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How many here have 69 Blazers? not 70 or later please

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jakeslim, Oct 3, 2004.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Not sure how to go about this but I'd like to tally somehow how many 69 blazers we have or know about.
    I'm going to take a tally in a couple of other sites, but I think so many have "gone to heaven" it be
    cool to get a head count(or close estimate). Not a 70,71 or 72 please.

pm me if you have a 69 blazer or know someone with one. I'll post occasional results of tally. Please put "69 blazer"
    in the PM Subject line.

This is a serious request and I'm not sure if this is possible, but I'm really curious.

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

In 1969, the International Scout and the Ford Bronco dominated the 4x4 SUV world, at least until GM let loose with a knockout punch called the K5 Blazer. The new vehicle had a base price of $2,852 and sported a fully removable hardtop (like its competitors), but the vehicle itself was larger and more powerful. Due in part to a stout drivetrain and a rugged look, the K5 Blazer nameplate quickly became synonymous with power and strength, and it soon became the truck that every cool kid wanted to own. These first-generation Blazers were produced from 1969 through 1972, and the yearly production numbers from this generation illustrate the vehicle’s rapid rise in popularity as they climbed from 4,935 units in 1969, to 11,257 units in 1970, to 17,220 units in 1971, to 44,266 units in 1972.

****69 vin decoding***
    The first letter is B. The second letter is the chassis type: C for two wheel drive, K for four wheel drive. The third letter is the engine: S for 6 cylinder, and E for V-8. The remainder of the VIN is numerical with the exception of the letter idetifying the assembly plant. The first number represents the load capacity: 1 for 1/2 ton. The 2nd and 3rd numbers indicate the cab to axle measurement: 07 meaning 42-47 inches. The 4th and 5th numbers indicate the body style: 14 for the Blazer utility body. The 6th number is the last digit of the model year: 9=1969. The next letter indicates the assembly plant. The remainder of the numbers are that vehicle's particular serial number.

****69 Blazer Recalls****
    --HTSA Campaign ID Number: 69V152000
    Recall Date: OCT 28, 1969
    Component: FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:STORAGE:TANK ASSEMBLY:FILLER PIPE AND CAP
    Potential Units Affected: 502

--Chevrolet has determined that you are an owner of a 1969 model K-10 or K-20 series Chevrolet 4-wheel drive truck which has front spring eye bolts which may break and eventually move out of position. This could permit the spring to be detached from the front spring hanger which could cause the truck to pull noticeable to the left or right on brake application.

*****General Info n stories****
    -a 2002 Ford Explorer driven from Washington, D.C.
    to Albuquerque, New Mexico and back to Washington, D.C. will pollute
    less than a 1969 Chevy Blazer driven one-way to Baltimore, Maryland. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

2. chevy_muscle

chevy_muscle 1/2 ton status

sent ya a PM

Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

3. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Thanks to those that have submitted /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    ttt, keep the pm's coming if you have a 69 /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

4. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

some new info added. Not to many yet...keep the headcount responses coming. Surely there are more owners of 69 k5's that visit here.

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Jake,

So what's the outcome of your little "survey"....?

I'm not interested in knowing WHO has the 1969 K5s, but I'd be curious to know how MANY people responded.

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Not too many responses from both here and 67-72 chevy truck site. I'll post up a count tomorrow....these baby's are looking more valuable /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I planned on this head count being a longer term project, from which a small data base can be kept with city and owner as well. If you have any other ideas or sites I can seek further input let me know.
    I'll pm you the count tomorrow.

I am even counting ones I find "for sale" off the net...just saving the page for record. There is one in OHIO on EBAY right now that is trashed, no engine and a big mess. No body is bidding since its basically doomed.

later,
    jakeslim

7. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

8. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

No more 69's here on CK5!?! Wow, were a rare breed. I'll keep the post open though. I'm also collecting pics of interior, exterior, motor, etc. So if you have a 69 k5 and have already submitted count to me, feel free to send pics. I plan on putting it all together on a site to establish the 69 as a truly desirable truck! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. 69TowRig

69TowRig 1/2 ton status

Here's mine, just bought it last weekend (this was before I hauled it home):

[​IMG]

Seriously needs a new windshield frame! HELP!