Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how many miles do you have on your mt/r's?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by colbystephens, May 4, 2007.

1. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

and how much tread do you have left?

i'm running 35" mt/rs and i've got 15K on them. i was at the tire store on tuesday and they had a set of the exact same tires i'm running sitting out, so i measured the depth of the tread against my tires - and my tires don't show any change in tread depth! :D i'm pretty stoked about that. my brother and step-dad run 33" mt/r's on their jeeps and they get about 60k total on their tires, so i should be at about 75% if they are the standard, not nearly 100%.

i rotate my 5th in, and have them rotated about every 3000 miles or so and re-balanced. i figure if i get that service for free, i better take advantage of it! :D

2. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

I have ~12K on mine and they are at ~80%

3. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

what do you do to care for them?

4. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

Mostly they get the crap beat out of them in the rocks :D

I think I've rotated them once and have never rebalanced them. They are wearing better than I expected.

5. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

A farmer down here is running them and he got them to last 35000 on his old work truck.

That says alot though gravel roads tend to chew the ever living hell out of a tire

6. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

fried has 20k on his and they are almost bald all around. 3/4 ton dodge cummins on 17s. He has never rotated though

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have about 5000 on my 37's and they look brand new.

8. xtrmjoe

xtrmjoe 1/2 ton status

I went thru one set of 35's when they first came out. I was DD'ing mine and got 30,000+ miles out of them. With many wheeling adventures mixed in. I was working at sears and going to college so I was rotating and balancing with every oil change (3,000mi). I loved how smooth they drove for about 2-3 weeks after balance, seemed to get more out as time went on so I got the centratmatic continuous wheel balancers and have never looked back. She rides so smoth with those things. I have the 37"s now and dont drive it much but to and from the trailer and on a few weekends. They have several rockcrawling trips and still seem to be almost full tread with a little wear from spinning on rocks. I LOVE THESE TIRES!

9. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

i loved my mtrs they wore really well (no odometer). I beat the crap out of those tires. 2 psi and fireroading:doah: and still lasted for a decent run. I eventually sold them but I do miss them. I want them for my samurai project.:D

10. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I got 48,000 out of my last set. 305/70R16 on 8" wide wheels under a 2000 sierra 1500. I rotated them a couple of times, maybe 5-7 times total. probably rebalanced them the same amount of times.

I beat the snot out of those tires. you could see where I had chunked them wheeling. lots of burnouts when I first got them and then again as they were going bad. hauled lots of weight, towed more then I should have.

When I took them off one was almost a slick and the best one has 5/32nd's. I kept it as a spare.

I replaced them with the exact same thing. If I rotate and balance them more often (every other oil change) I should get 60k out of this set since I will be doing a lot less 4 wheeling in this truck.