Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how many of yall

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SUPERSUB87, Nov 1, 2006.

1. SUPERSUB87

SUPERSUB87 1/2 ton status

have upgraded your headlights... i wanted to get rid of the factory sealed lights on my burb so i bought some cheapo euros so i could change out the lights alone... just checked my front door and got my lights, chrome light bezels, chrome grille, and a dash pad... so im happy. i also only paid 2 day express air on the lights... then ordered all the other stuff ground... and all of it came on the second day.:D so i was pretty happy.

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Yep, I ordered the LMC headlight harness upgrade, basically the relay mod, Just better for us wiring morons, and I upgraded to this http://www.rallylights.com/hella/165mm_lo.asp Right now I have the stock 60/55w & 55w bulbs. Im going to upgrade to 85/80 & 100 when I get some burnouts. These are awesome, I just wish I had the slightest bit more on low beam, hence the jump from 60 to 85.

But I will say without a doubt that my old sealed beam high beams were like these on low, and these on high are just insane, then I turn on my driving lights and it gets even better.

4. SUPERSUB87

yeah i got the 55/65w bulbs to... i cant wait to put my new grille and everything on. the grille along with the old headlight bezels were cracked so i thought. why not.

5. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I've got the euro head lights you are talking about. They not only light up the night much better, but the lenses themselves look more modern and better than the sealed beam type. Check the picture:

s Camera 015.jpg

s Camera 015.jpg

6. SUPERSUB87

looks sweet. i like my truck to look good.. so as far as all the cheap "bling" upgrades go. im all for them. but some ppl just go to far with that. i just remember how crappy the sealed beams were on my other sub and i knew i had to get rid of the ones on this one since there are alot of deer in the area.

7. Chevy305

Since I put in the euro lights, I have never needed my aux lights on my roll bar as The high beams will light up the night.

8. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Anything special to install those? Looks good!

9. Chevy305

Nope... I bought them from LMC and they just go right in place of your old sealed beam lights. Electrical connections fit right up, no modifacation is needed. :D

10. Txchevy18

Txchevy18 1/2 ton status

Is there anyone who makes the bottom light in that style as well? I really like those lights I think those might be put on the xmas wish list.

11. SkysTheLimit

SkysTheLimit 1/2 ton status

I've got the Hella's in my 88 and they are NICE. Well worth the $$. You can notice the cut off of the light when you're shining them at a wall. you can see the top of the light beam and how the lights dont project upwards. I suppose on a stock height vehicle, it would prevent blinding oncoming drivers. for off road use, some aux lights pointed more upwards would help.

12. BROKEN-ONE

BROKEN-ONE Registered Member

hardware

was there a rubber boot on the back of these lights to keep out water /cond . mine did not come with any . :(

13. SkysTheLimit

SkysTheLimit 1/2 ton status

I don't remember. I'll check tonight. I put them in like 5 or 6 years ago.

14. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

Just bought the LMC kit. Will be getting the Hella lights soon.

15. SUPERSUB87

if you have the 165mm lights im thinking of (same size on top as on bottom) then yes... thats what i bought. id post some pics but ill have it in on sunday. grille and all i hope. they are amazingly cheap compared to the other lights ive looked at... i mean i bought them so i could get rid of the sealed beam and have a brighter, nicer looking light source.

16. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

So the single headlights are the 200mm?

17. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yep!

I bought a set of Bosch ECE H4 conversion lenses for my truck. They don't have the clear front, and look bone stock, but man are they ever nice!

I run a set of 85/140 watt PIAA drivers in them, with upgraded wiring, and they light up the road as well as I could ever need, no problem!

Good stuff with the ECE light pattern is there is a sharp cutoff in the light pattern where oncoming traffic is, so I never get highbeamed unless the individual is below the height of my light cutoff for some reason. They quickly shut their high beams off when I return the favour though....

Oh, can't spend too much time in the left hand lane of double or more lane roads. The light in other driver's mirrors, when incorrectly aimed as most seem to be, really makes people mad, lol