Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

How many of you drink alot?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by zakk, Nov 14, 2002.

1. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i ahve been drinking a whole lot lately. does anyone wlse drink alot? its 723 and i ahve already drank 9 beers since i got home and a few shots. i know the old joke "my drinking club has a 4x4 problem" but does anyone else drink cuz the misses has been on the warpath for 3 months straight?

*sighnrd

zakk the drunkerd

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Im in college, 'nuff said /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

I don't drink(alchol). so not that much /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I used to drink alot, slowed down quite a bit when I realized it was helping my ulcers grow...

I had this apple cider stuff made at a brewery in the city at lunch the other day though. That was some fine stuff!!

5. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Well, I just bombed a Chem test, so you know the answer to that Q.

6. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I only average a case of Corona a week, but my wife keeps telling me to either drink the whole beer (I leave about half of every third beer lying around) or switch to a cheaper beer. I've actualy started keeping a 12pk of BudLight in the fridge for when I work around the yard.

Yep I'm a 34 yr old lush /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

7. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Zakk, I drink once in awhile but I did grow up in an alcoholic home. Sounds like something else is going on with you. Is drinking making it better? I know if my hubby started drinking every night or getting drunk I wouldn't be such a nice little wifey /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I'd be more like this: /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Maybe you need to try a different approach to what is troubling you.

8. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I know a couple people that drink alot to stop thinking about their problems, but all I've observed so far is the problems stay or get worse. One guy I know has a brand new SB400 waiting to go in his Blazer. He's wanted to get his Blazer going for months, but he's put the beer first, and the 400 is still in the bag, and the Blazer just sits.

9. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I'd have to agree. I drank pretty solid for a couple of years back in college, flunked out, and started putting the right foot forward so to speak. Nowdays, I average maybe a case a month, and feel much much better about myself. I think my wife would murder me if I drank a whole lot anymore. So zakk and you other drinkers, all I have to ask is WHY? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

10. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I don't drink THAT much, sheesh. But I do drink quite abit. Usually a liter or 2 of Bud light after work. on the weekends however.......not to say I'm a heavy weight but I do need to keep tabs on it latly as well.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I'll be blunt - if you're drinking that much every night then you need to make an effort to slow down. Or at least invite me over. No really, slow down... </font color>

12. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Ksssshhhh! Didja just hear that beer opening? I only average overall maybe a case a week...but I'm kinda large and also drive 650 miles back/forth to work. Get kinda bored sometimes. Work-stress and general impatience with the world's realities usually keeps me chugging. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    drive 650 miles back/forth to work

[/ QUOTE ]
    That sh!t sucks! doesn't it?! I'm in the 650 mile a week club too, I'm driving my blazer so the 70MPH highway time is ok but when the wind starts to kickup its martini time (truck shakes - I'm not drinking and driving /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif). Work sucks too, some stress mainly just agravation about the 'stupid' people. I also work nights so that cuts back on my drinking time when I get home at 9am and have to be at work at 11pm. I take my agravation out at the gun range... About $30 in ammo and a hour or two of cleaning makes you feel fully refreshed on a Friday morning! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    In college we had weekend benders that started on Wed night and ended on the way to class tuesday
    zakk -I would look into a different hoddy than drinking to take your mind off of stuff!
    Goodluck
    J
    Get your self some photo editing software and start hacking photos, once you start it takes forever to get things perfected (at least for me it does)
    Muddysub and MudbogAD
    [​IMG]

14. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

but does anyone else drink cuz the misses has been on the warpath for 3 months straight?

[/ QUOTE ] I can in no way be the advocate for why people drink but I can ask you is this helping end the warpath? Id hate to see this get out of hand for you, a family isnt worth trading for a life of misery. the warpath is temporary but the damage from the booze is not. good luck and I think you are very couragous for posting this /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

15. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I used to drink quite a bit. Between the service and working in a bar, I would put away a bunch. Had other nasty habits, too. Reality and responsibilities finally caught up w/ me. I still throw down some beer on the weekend, but not every weekend, and I'll occasionly have one or two on a weeknight, but not that often. You seriously need to consider what is going on, because as was already stated, drinking won't fix the problem. Best of luck to you.

John

16. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

its 723 and i ahve already drank 9 beers since i got home and a few shots.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZAKK you're drinking <font color="red">WAY TOO MUCH </font color>, the only direction that much drink will leed you is, DOWN HILL. please for your family your friends and yourself PLEASE SLOW DOWN. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

17. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I drink a lot, Coke, Dew, Apple Juice, Milk, anything I can get my hands on. I can put down a whole 2 liter in a matter of minutes. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j/k, I don't drink that often, but I drink a lot when I do! Makes me /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

18. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

blah. hung over...coffee...asprin...ugggggg....

makeup sex is the best /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I drink alot lately. But it is much better. Me and the boys used toget tossed outta bars, brawl, go through walls, etc. Yesterday was just especailly rough. *sigh*

I went through my drinking days in college. i lived in denver and it was a dry campus. I used to get kegs of MGD, toss it in a hockey bag and lug it up 4 flights of stairs. charged $5 a cup and mad my money to go to school that way /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I think we need an offical drinking nite. some fun crap would probably be spewed forth. Im a happy drunk. its great. except the hang over...blah.

Rita hasn't been that bad. we are both just way strung out on School, work, finances, etc. it really sems like we can't catch a break and it is wearing on both of us. life is full of peaks and valleys. oh well.

19. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

in response to the general out pour of "quit drinking" setiment.

Everyone has their vices. Mine is spending way too much jack on parts and beer. I am a happy drunk, so the only real loser is my liver /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif usually only drink a beer or two at night, used to be able to string out a 6'er for a week. But different times call for different medicine /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

back to reality...have lots to do today, have a great day everyone! have a :beer: for me tonight! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I had 5 beers last night,and 2 shots of Capt. Morgans /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

My g/f moved out of her parents house last week,so every time I go over there I end up drinking ether wine,beer,or shots /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif