Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

how many of you guys have drivin around with straight pipes?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bryguy00b, Nov 11, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well i got half my exhuast fo today and was going to throw on the "new" one but needed some parts and i was afraid to go get them during night with it..and my dad would probobly kill me..should i go to school tomorrow like that? i think it sounds fricken awesome but im afriad id get a ticket or something drivin it like that..i can always get a ride with me friend..

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Go for it ! If you do get pulled over I would imagine you'd get a fix-it ticket...and since your planning on mufflers anyways that won't be a problem /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

i do it all the time, when my truck runs. never got a ticket. . . only people covering their ears, and cops asking me to rev it /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    Only time i drove my truck around with open headers... I drove down the street and i had several neighbors coming outside to see what the hell was shaking their windows...
    I drove it down to the exhaust shop and it was insanely loud on the street... People were giving me dirty looks in 7AM rush hour traffic because my blazer sounded like a pro stock car uncorked...
    After i got my 2 chamber flowmasters welded on.. I was much much happier. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Its loud and sounds awsome but the cops don't look at me too much.

We ran my dad's 327 in the dunes with open headers for a few years... Then we finally went with ~ 18" of 3" dia. pipes to a 1 chamber race muffler and dumped right out of that. It sounds as loud as open headers but much cleaner and a deeper roar instead of raspy and popping. 1 chambers Sound Awsome. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

im just ganna be putting on some dynomax turbo's with turndowns that were on the truck but my dad made me takem of cuase they were "to loud" yea ok..so this time i guess ill park it in the street..the pipes that were on the truck were gay and didnt fit right and didnt go above the cross member..so im making some from that bendable tubing from pepboys, and going from 2.5 to 2.25 /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

6. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

well i just cut off my super turbos and am running straight pipes for now, manifolds, true duals with 2", about a foot and a half in front of the axle and thats it, its loud as hell and ive had a couple cops behind me but none lit me up yet, i plan on some cheap mufflers and turn downs clamped onto the ends until i can afford to have my exhaust run..

7. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I am running dual straight pipes (manifolds to dual cats and about 8 feet of pipe.) in my Tahoe. Loud as hell when you get on it /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif(or before the cats heat up) but fairly tame otherwise /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

I am running straight headers on my K5 for now and holy sheet .....is it loud!!!! Good thing it is lacking driveshafts, or I would just run up and down my block all day long. Well, that is not true...I would park in my neighbors parking spot and rev the engine all day long in an attempt to interfere with their satelite reception of The Spanish Channel's presentation of "As The World Turns."

The Police can kiss my........oh wait............nevermind. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

theres a 2002 f-350 at my school with a 7.3l powerstroke and hes got 5" straight pipe, its mean!

9. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

i have driven my luv whith open headers. I fired my f-150 up today whith open headers to move the trailer around the yard and i reved it good and hard becouse i love the sound. Well my neightbor jeff (state trooper) didnt like it that much and tols me to keep it down, hes cool though. I say go for it, its juat a fix it and your "fixing" it anyway. Go turn some heads /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

A friend in Iowa runs water pipe for exhaust. No cats, no mufflers. I don't know how he has it hooked up, but it does sound cool.

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    i have driven my luv whith open headers. I fired my f-150 up today whith open headers to move the trailer around the yard and i reved it good and hard becouse i love the sound. Well my neightbor jeff (state trooper) didnt like it that much and tols me to keep it down, hes cool though. I say go for it, its juat a fix it and your "fixing" it anyway. Go turn some heads /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

"Headers" on inline engines? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Wouldn't that be "header"?

12. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

yes my luv only has one. But the inline six in my ford has 2! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

we call em headi,LOL
    those ricers get pissed when they ask for a set of headers and get "don't you mean headi" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif LMAO!!!!!

14. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    my dad made me takem of cuase they were "to loud"

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHA... i remember when I was kid, (2 years ago?) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    my dad threatened that if my exhuast was too loud he would make me change it back to stock. But it wasnt too loud, just a single in dual oout flow 40 delta at the time.

15. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well i didnt drive it to school..but when i got home i did go to the bank and advance real quick though. weeeww it was loud lol..everyone looked at me...some old ladies gave me looks..other dudes at stop lights were smilin from ear to ear..it was fun but i got half the exhuast on tonight..what a pain in the but bending those pipes..and then it had to start raining!

16. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Speakin of old ladies givin you looks, I went home for the wknd last week and I dropped by my high school to see my fav tech teacher. I happened to pull in during class changes. As I was parking my truck some teacher walked by and was like "Noise pollution, noise pollution" HAHA I just smiled and said okay. I shouldve revved er on up to piss her off. Boy that was funny. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I shouldve revved er on up to piss her off. Boy that was funny.

[/ QUOTE ] I scared a mother and her young child the other day at Wal-mart. I drove past her and stomped on the gas.....................If I could stop laughing.....I would have felt bad. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Shame on me....Bad Cop......

18. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I just cut my "Y" pipe off to get at my tranny (had it rebuilt). Drove it home (about ten miles) w/o the exhaust, or the top. Sounded like a friggin' dragster. Been at the house for about a week w/o exhaust. Been startin' it up almost every day to "keep the battery charged" (yeah, that's it!). Just about two days ago, one of the "city's finest (cop)" comes down the street. I think, "Oh [darn]", and hurriedly shut the truck down. Cop stops at the end of my driveway, so I non-chalantly (sp?) walk out to his car w/ a beer in my hand. He says "So you finally got that thing back together?" Turn's out he knows the guy that rebuilt my tranny /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif We talk football for a few minutes, and then he leaves, never once saying anything about how loud the truck was. Too cool.

John

20. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hahah good deal..wel i got half mine on last night but it started pouring..and i was ganan finish it today but it decided to have a mini blizzerd out..(our first real snow of the year...joy)..so..im a little ticked..i got my truck out there..down..and my s-10 which im suppost to be fixing so i can get it on the road for my DD..but i have no damn job..so there that sits too..arrgg /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif